An agent is appointed to represent the Computing-Tabulating-Recording (CTR) Company (which is renamed IBM in 1924).
The Brazilian government uses CTR machines for conducting an agriculture and population census.
Valentim F. Boucas, IBM's legendary Brazilian salesman, is appointed to represent CTR's tabulating machines. Early CTR customers include Oeste de Minas Railroad, Central do Brasil Railroad, the Public Health Department and the Ministry of War.
The Brazilian Customs Department orders CTR tabulating machines.
Contracts are signed with the Light and Power Company, Cia. Paulista de Estrada de Ferro, Loide Brasileiro, Brazilian Coffee Institute and the Bank of Brazil.
IBM opens a branch office in Sao Paulo, and construction of a new plant begins in Sao Paulo. IBM machines are delivered to the government of the State of Sao Paulo.
IBM branches are established in Porto Alegre, Rio Grande do Sol, Belo Horizonte, Minas Gerais, Salvador, Bahia, Recife, Pernambuco, Niteroi and Rio de Janeiro.
The Brazilian agent establishes his own company to handle the distribution of products for the International Business Machines Corporation of Delaware. The first IBM alphabetical equipment arrives.
By this date, IBM Brazil begins manufacturing punched cards.
IBM introduces card verifiers.
IBM equipment is delivered to the Federal District City Government (Rio de Janeiro) to control tax assessments and payments.
The Brazilian company relinquishes its representation of IBM time equipment and Electric Typewriters to International Business Machines Company of Delaware and retains representation of IBM's Data Processing products. The first of the IBM's factory buildings in Rio de Janeiro is completed on March 7. IBM president Thomas J. Watson, Sr., places the last tile on the roof during dedication ceremonies.
The Rio plant is expanded with the addition of two buildings for the storage of raw materials and manufactured products.
The Rio plant is completed with the addition of a new building for punched card manufacturing.