Our IBM Academy of Technology investigation strategy strongly leverages the power of its community both to update the list of the technical themes to explore each year (the AoT Technical Agenda), as well as to continuously collect proposals around specific exploring initiatives connected to each theme. Every year the AoT organizes a global idea collector session involving thousands of IBMers that aim to update the AoT Technical Agenda by consolidating themes as well as capturing new development opportunities.
The results are presented as key technology themes and complemented by a list of top societal/business challenges and perceived IBM inhibitors that helps to better shape investigation opportunities. For each technology theme the AoT appoints a core team who are responsible for providing a 2-3 year view of this technology area including its strategic needs, outlining the key questions that our IBM Academy of Technology should aim to answer related to each theme. The final aim is to inspire a range of initiatives that will both engage the AoT/Affiliate members and have enduring impact on IBM's future success.
Our 2016 Technology Themes are:
- Healthcare IoT & Analytics
- Internet of Things Security
- Industrial IoT
- Enterprise Personal Intelligence / Analytic Agents
- Cognitive Computing for Education and Personalized Learning
- Future of Energy (production, distribution, storage)
- BlockChain (not just for digital currencies)
- Data Visualization and Curation at Scale
- The Data Economy
- Environmental Sustainability