LEADing to Africa Internship Program.
This program is designed for students who are attending school outside of Africa but whom have an interest in working in Africa after the completion of their university studies. The internship opportunities will exist in the country where studies are occurring to provide a valuable work experience with IBM while a degree is still being attained. The program will provide networking and learning elements connecting interns with our business in Africa.
- IBM's global internship programs provide assignments for students to become familiar with IBM's organization, work style, culture and global reach. The LEADing to Africa internship program builds an important recruitment channel across our business in Africa by providing a short-term work experience in other IBM markets.
- Students will foster real-world skills in the fields of big data & analytics, cloud, business, economics, math, engineering and computer science. Students in this program have expressed interest in working in Africa upon graduation and will have access to channels to stay connected to IBM and Africa while in their internship assignment, during their studies and for their future career paths.
- Recruitment is currently open: Start applying/referring your friends right now.
Work for the World. It's possible at IBM.
We unite different cultures, languages, professions and perspectives in one globally integrated enterprise. This practice is the cornerstone of our business strategy and it's helping to fuel our rapid growth in markets all over the world -- especially in areas of: Africa, Asia Pacific, Central and Eastern Europe, Latin America and the Middle East.
What does this mean for you?
As an international student, you'll have an ideal opportunity to make early career advancements during this explosive growth period through IBM's vast array of global job opportunities. Not to mention that you'll experience the opportunity of a lifetime because you'll have a chance to:
- Collaborate with the world's brightest people while working on innovative solutions that will impact the way people around the world live, work and play.
- Build the career you want by continuing to master new skills — across different disciplines — within different countries — all while working for the same company.
- Give back to the world. As an IBMer, opportunities are abound for you to focus your energy on philanthropic projects.
- Work for a respected, values-based company that affects real change in the world — a company of which you can be proud.
Be IBM's next great hire
IBM has developed International Student Hiring options designed to help you find the right global opportunity for your situation.
IBM International Student Placement
This programs assists students who are studying abroad and want to return to their "home" country for internship and/or graduate opportunities. (For example, you are from India but go to graduate school in the U.S. After graduation, you would like to work for IBM in India.)
Job opportunities may include:
· Software Development
· Information Technology
· Human Resources
And around the world, especially in high growth areas:
· Asia Pacific - China, Korea, etc
· Latin America
· Middle East & Africa
Join our Talent Community!
Get involved with IBM by joining our Talent Community and receiving job alerts according to your profile. It's very simple!
Go to http://ibm.referrals.selectminds.com/, click on the 'Join Talent Community' button, register and you're already a member. Other than just receiving job alerts of your interest, you may also share positions through your social networks, helping your connections to find a suitable job.
Frequently asked questions
How can I learn more about IBM?
Explore all IBM has to offer by visiting our global page and by searching within your country of choice.
How do I apply for an international job at IBM?
Visit our Featured Jobs section located on this webpage. If you want to look for additional opportunities, go to IBM's Global Jobs Database to "Search jobs at IBM" for entry level jobs in your country and area of interest. (Note: These jobs will be paid in local currency, and salary will be adjusted to reflect the local compensation structure and labor market. In order to qualify for employment you must have the proper authorization to work in the country and meet local language requirements for the job.)
What happens after I apply?
If we determine there is a strong match, someone from IBM will contact you to arrange an interview and applicable assessment/testing.
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.