- Candidate criteria
- Program structure and global assignments
- Training & Leadership Development
- How to apply- selected tab,
For over 100 years, IBM's defining value has been the IBMer, the people who apply innovation and imagination to fuel a smarter planet and make the world a better place. This is why IBM needs outstanding leaders who can create high-performance work climates and foster employee engagement; people who not only succeed but enable others to as well. If you are ready to lead, IBM is the place for you. The General Manager (GM) Leadership Development Program (LDP) offers an exceptional opportunity to lead and excel while working with the best and brightest in business today. Join an extraordinary team dedicated to making a smarter planet.
The GM LDP will offer a group of high-potential MBA degree individuals a unique opportunity for accelerated career development in various functions - leading towards a career in general management in a growth market. In addition to building your business acumen, you will take advantage of IBM's world-class leadership development programs, networking experiences, and be closely mentored and coached by senior IBM executives.
During three, 1-year rotations, you rotate through assignments in the following areas:
- 1st Rotation: Consulting
- 2nd and 3rd Rotations: Sales and a Corporate functional assignment.
These rotations can occur in at least two of the following locations: NYC metro, Singapore, or your home region. Upon completion of the program, participants should expect to enter a leadership role in their home region.
Each rotation exposes participants to key drivers of success as a future IBM senior leader, including:
- Inspiring, motivating, and developing individuals, teams, and organizations.
- Managing profit and loss and understanding key drivers for the business.
- Creating strategies and bringing about change in a globally integrated enterprise.
- Excelling and adapting to doing business in a volatile, complex and ambiguous global marketplace.
- Ensuring the priorities and resources of key functions are aligned with business goals.
In order to be considered, please review the IBM General Management Leadership Development Program and submit your application.
IBM's Employment Policy
IBM's intent is to hire the best-qualified candidate for job opportunities within IBM, regardless of race, color, genetics, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, and military status. However, applicant eligibility for employment-authorized immigration status, temporary or permanent, will be considered. Any subsequent sponsorship for permanent residence is at the sole discretion of IBM management, and is based on job performance, contribution, and business requirements. IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and proud to be an equal opportunity employer.