The IBM General Management Leadership Development Program (GM LDP) offers an exceptional opportunity to lead and excel while working with the best and brightest in business today. IBM's defining value has been the IBMer - people who apply innovation and imagination to fuel a smarter planet and make the world a better place. This is why IBM needs extraordinary leaders who can create high-performance work climates and foster employee engagement; people who not only succeed but enable others to as well.
We focus our recruiting efforts for the GM LDP at top MBA programs with a very selective candidate base hired annually. We are looking for candidates who are ready to be global leaders. If you are ready, the road to career advancement begins at IBM.
Learn more about the GM Leadership Development Program
In less than 5 years, participants in the GM LDP rotate through assignments designed to accelerate advancement to key leadership positions around the globe. Rotations are 1 year in duration, with the initial rotation based in New York City, China, Singapore, or Mexico. At least one of the two subsequent rotations will be in a location other than the starting location, and the program culminates in placement as a key leader with profit & loss responsibility in a growth market. Rotations include:
- Business Development & Sales
- Corporate Functional Assignment
Each of the three rotations build capabilities to position you for success as a future IBM senior leader, including:
- Inspire, motivate, and develop individuals, teams, and organizations.
- Manage profit and loss and understand key drivers for the business.
- Create strategies and bring about change in a globally integrated enterprise.
- Excel and adapt to doing business in a complex global marketplace.
- Ensure the priorities and resources of key functions are aligned with business goals.
1:1 Mentoring: Unprecedented Access to Senior Leadership
- Top Executives from across IBM provide one-on-one mentoring to program participants. This ensures our future leaders have the support, guidance, and insight to drive innovation and growth to make our planet smarter.