Test C4040-120: Associate: IBM i 7.1 Administration
Work Management (27%)
- Explain what happens when a job is submitted by a user (where does it go, why a job doesn't run, what affects the job's ability to process).
- Given an example, explain where a job is in the system and how it will move through a subsystem.
- Describe what resources (for example: libraries, job queues, subsystems, group/user profiles, other system defaults) are available to a job
- Describe how job output goes where it goes
- Manage runaway jobs, or jobs which fill up job logs and spooled file output.
- Manage subsystems and job queues
- Understand system memory pools
- Understand system startup and shutdown
System Security (27%)
- Demonstrate understanding of user profiles and group profiles, including resetting user password
- Describe object security, authorization lists, and how they are used
- Demonstrate understanding of library lists and how they affect jobs
- Explain digital certificates, web servers, LDAP object signing
- Explain the benefits and limitations of group profiles and system defined special authorities, including the use of adopted authority
- Manage user and group profiles (create, enable, disable, and understand the impact of parameters such as jobd, grpprf, and spcaut)
- Demonstrate an understanding of system values related to system security (for example, password security values, etc.)
Backup & Recovery (12%)
- Save various objects (programs, files, libraries, *sys, *nonsys, *secdta, IFS objects) and describe when each type of save is appropriate.
- Explain save-while-active, both classic and ragged, and when each is appropriate
- Restore various objects (programs, files, libraries, *sys, *nonsys, *secdta, IFS objects) and describe when each type of restore is appropriate.
- Create and useg image catalogs and virtual tape
PTF Management (5%)
- Demonstrate PTF ordering methods
- Install and apply PTFs, including using the Image Catalog
Daily Tasks (29%)
- Diagnose sign-in problems
- Diagnose system performance problems
- Display and evaluate various logs and messages (job logs, qhst, qsysopr, etc.) to determine the cause(s) of job problems and failures.
- Manage printers and outqueues
- Understand IP communications at a basic level (including starting and stopping TCP/IP, and basic network configuration, VLANS, Host Services, and managing multiple adapters)
- Understand CL programming at a basic level, including diagnosing failed programs using joblogs and CL source code
- Understand consoles (HMC, LAN console) and their common uses
- Describe various journals and their uses
- Describe the uses of the IFS and shared folders.
Take a minute to review our testing policies and guidelines, and registration process.
Register for a Test
Take a minute to review how to register and select a test. Register for an IBM Certification test at Pearson VUE and take a step into your future. Take a minute to review how to Create Pearson VUE account associated with IBM and Selecting Tests on the Pearson VUE Website.