Test C4040-120: Associate: IBM i 7.1 Administration
Work Management (27%)
- Explain what happens when a job is submitted by a user (where does it go, why a job doesn't run, what affects the job's ability to process).
- Given an example, explain where a job is in the system and how it will move through a subsystem.
- Describe what resources (for example: libraries, job queues, subsystems, group/user profiles, other system defaults) are available to a job
- Describe how job output goes where it goes
- Manage runaway jobs, or jobs which fill up job logs and spooled file output.
- Manage subsystems and job queues
- Understand system memory pools
- Understand system startup and shutdown
System Security (27%)
- Demonstrate understanding of user profiles and group profiles, including resetting user password
- Describe object security, authorization lists, and how they are used
- Demonstrate understanding of library lists and how they affect jobs
- Explain digital certificates, web servers, LDAP object signing
- Explain the benefits and limitations of group profiles and system defined special authorities, including the use of adopted authority
- Manage user and group profiles (create, enable, disable, and understand the impact of parameters such as jobd, grpprf, and spcaut)
- Demonstrate an understanding of system values related to system security (for example, password security values, etc.)
Backup & Recovery (12%)
- Save various objects (programs, files, libraries, *sys, *nonsys, *secdta, IFS objects) and describe when each type of save is appropriate.
- Explain save-while-active, both classic and ragged, and when each is appropriate
- Restore various objects (programs, files, libraries, *sys, *nonsys, *secdta, IFS objects) and describe when each type of restore is appropriate.
- Create and useg image catalogs and virtual tape
PTF Management (5%)
- Demonstrate PTF ordering methods
- Install and apply PTFs, including using the Image Catalog
Daily Tasks (29%)
- Diagnose sign-in problems
- Diagnose system performance problems
- Display and evaluate various logs and messages (job logs, qhst, qsysopr, etc.) to determine the cause(s) of job problems and failures.
- Manage printers and outqueues
- Understand IP communications at a basic level (including starting and stopping TCP/IP, and basic network configuration, VLANS, Host Services, and managing multiple adapters)
- Understand CL programming at a basic level, including diagnosing failed programs using joblogs and CL source code
- Understand consoles (HMC, LAN console) and their common uses
- Describe various journals and their uses
- Describe the uses of the IFS and shared folders.
- How does your salary compare to national averages? Help Global Knowledge and IBM discover the answers by participating in 2015 IT Skills and Salary Survey.
Before taking your test, please review our testing policies and guidelines, and registration process.
Register for a Test
Register for an IBM Certification test at Pearson VUE and take a step into your future. Take a minute to review how to Create Pearson VUE account associated with IBM and Selecting Tests on the Pearson VUE Website.