Test C2180-184: IBM WebSphere Message Broker V7.0, System Administration
The test consists of 5 sections containing a total of 52 multiple-choice questions. The percentages after each section title reflect the approximate distribution of the total question set across the sections.
Section 1 - Design, Installation and Migration (13%)
- Design for implementation of WebSphere Message Broker in a given business scenario.
- Estimate hardware and capacity requirements for WebSphere Message Broker V7.0.
- Install and verify WebSphere Message Broker V7.0.
- Design for co-existence and migration from previous versions of WebSphere Message Broker.
- Migrate from previous versions to WebSphere Message Broker V7.0.
Section 2 - Administration and Configuration (41%)
- Administer WebSphere Message Broker instances to perform activities such as create, modify, delete, query, start and stop.
- Administer execution groups to perform activities such as create, modify, delete, query, start and stop.
- Administer configurable services to perform activities such as create, modify and delete.
- Configure and deploy message flows and associated resources.
- Configure WebSphere Message Broker V7.0 to produce statistical and accounting data.
- Configure WebSphere Message Broker V7.0 to produce audit and monitoring events.
- Use WebSphere Message Broker Explorer.
- Use the Administration API (CMP) for WebSphere Message Broker V7.0.
- Configure WebSphere Message Broker V7.0 environment to enhance performance.
- Apply maintenance updates such as fixpacks, SupportPacs and APARs to brokers.
- Perform backup and recovery of the Message Broker V7.0 environment.
Section 3 - Security (20%)
- Design and implement security for WebSphere Message Broker V7.0 including SSL.
- Plan and configure Broker Administration Security for the WebSphere Message Broker environment using Object Authority Manager (OAM).
- Setup Security Identities for all supported transport protocols from WebSphere Message Broker V7.0.
- Understand configurable services to enable and manage security providers.
- Configure policy sets to interact with LDAP or Tivoli Federated Identity Manager (TFIM).
- Diagnose security problems.
Section 4 - High Availability (13%)
- Describe the options for creating highly available WebSphere Message Broker V7.0 including multi-instances.
- Design for high availability of WebSphere Message Broker using business requirements.
- Implement highly available WebSphere Message Broker V7.0 configurations including multi-instances.
- Operate highly available WebSphere Message Brokers.
Section 5 - Troubleshooting (13%)
- Identify and locate problem information using system log, dump/abend files, and other files.
- Generate User and Service Trace for broker, broker toolkit and other components.
- Execute IBM processes around MustGathers, Problem Management Reports (PMRs), iFixes and patches to fix a problem.
- How does your salary compare to national averages? Help Global Knowledge and IBM discover the answers by participating in 2015 IT Skills and Salary Survey.
Before taking your test, please review our testing policies and guidelines, and registration process.
Register for a Test
Register for an IBM Certification test at Pearson VUE and take a step into your future. Take a minute to review how to Create Pearson VUE account associated with IBM and Selecting Tests on the Pearson VUE Website.