Test C2160-667: Architectural Design of SOA Solutions
Section 1 - Knowledge of Applied SOA (13%)
- Apply the SOA approach to solution architecture.
- Position the benefits of SOA with respect to business and IT strategy
- Define the role that standards play in an SOA solution.
- Apply the IBM SOA Reference Architecture and leverage the IBM SOA Foundation
- Apply proper design guidelines for an SOA solution
Section 2 - SOA Assessment and Analysis (20%)
- Assess and articulate the business problem
- Perform an as-is SOA assessment using Service Integration Maturity Model (SIMM) or similar model.
- Capture and assess IT/technical issues and objectives
- Capture and assess the SOA business issues and objectives (people, processes and information)
- Capture and assess architectural issues and objectives
- Capture and assess governance issues and objectives
- Create an SOA solution definition and roadmap utilizing existing reference architectures where appropriate
- Identify functional requirements for the SOA solution definition
- Identify nonfunctional requirements and how they relate to the SOA solution definition
Section 3 - SOA Design (30%)
- Articulate architectural/design decisions as they relate to people, process, information, connectivity, and re-use.
- Identify candidate SOA patterns that can be applied to the customer problem.
- Incorporate the IBM SOA Foundation into design as appropriate
- Choose the appropriate tools for the various aspects of the design (people, process, information).
- Identify and define the services that are required to address the business problem.
- Define how services would be realized with new or existing assets.
- Define how the SOA design maps to and affects the IT infrastructure.
- Define in the design how the non-functional requirements are being addressed.
- Define the aspects of the governance model and how they apply to the solution.
- Identify and incorporate the standards appropriate for the solution in the design.
Section 4 - SOA Realization (22%)
- Guide and review the application of the SOA infrastructure
- Guide and review the implementation of selected patterns
- Guide and review the services enablement for existing assets
- Guide and review the user interaction implementation
- Guide and review the Business Process Management implementation
- Guide and review the information management implementation
- Guide and review the security implementation
- Guide and review the service management implementation
- Guide and review quality assurance (e.g., unit, function, performance, and system test)
- Ensure that governance is properly applied to the SOA realization.
Section 5 - SOA Deployment and Management (15%)
- Guide and review the Operations Management (e.g, security, monitor, systems management, workload management)
- Guide and review the solution distribution and deployment
- Guide and review the Service Management (e.g., Service Level Agreements, Operating Level Agreement, Charge Back)
- Guide and review the deployment and management of the infrastructure specific solution components
- Ensure procedures are in place to feed monitored operational data into the development lifecycle process.
- How does your salary compare to national averages? Help Global Knowledge and IBM discover the answers by participating in 2015 IT Skills and Salary Survey.
Before taking your test, please review our testing policies and guidelines, and registration process.
Register for a Test
Register for an IBM Certification test at Pearson VUE and take a step into your future. Take a minute to review how to Create Pearson VUE account associated with IBM and Selecting Tests on the Pearson VUE Website.