Test C2060-220: IBM Sterling Connect:Direct, Administration
The test contains five sections totalling 60 multiple-choice questions. The percentages after each section title reflect the approximate distribution of the total question set across the sections.
Approximately 40% of the test questions are either platform-agnostics, or applicable to both UNIX and Windows platforms. This exam does contain questions that are platform-specific. To help you prepare, please note the following:
1Questions in this objective cover some z/OS content
2Questions in this objective cover only UNIX content
3Questions in this objective cover only Windows content
Section 1 - Architecture and Planning (17%)
- Understand the product functionalities and benefits of using Sterling Connect:Direct.
- Describe basic architecture of Sterling Connect:Direct and its components.1
- Identify environment components that interact with Connect:Direct (e.g. load balancers, firewalls, database for Connect:Direct on Microsoft Windows).2
- Identify system requirements using worksheets.3
- Explain the different methods used by Sterling Connect:Direct to store configurations on each platform.
- Apply TCP/IP concepts.1
- Solve a situation that has high availability requirements.
Section 2 - Installation and Configuration (25%)
- Apply installation procedure.2
- Configure initialization parameters.
- Modify configuration files (e.g. API, functional authorities, translation tables).2
- Configure remote nodes in the Network Map.
- Configure local and remote user and proxy authentication.2
- Verify installations.2
- Deploy patches for maintenance.2
- Identify Sterling Connect:Direct File Agent usage.
- Perform silent installs and mass rollouts.3
- Explain the use of checkpointing.
- Explain the use of cyclic redundancy check (CRC).
- Implement clustering or high availability.
Section 3 - Deployment Operations (Process Language Scripting) (17%)
- Describe different methodologies to write processes (e.g. requestor, browser, text editor).1
- Explain Process Language statements and logic flow.2
- Solve a situation using code pages.
- List different ways to submit processes.
- Understand the structure of SYSOPTS on different platforms.1
- Use binary and text transfers.1
- Solve a situation of moving data between disparate platforms.1
- Explain the use of Sterling Connect:Direct File Agent for automation.2
Section 4 - Administration (Monitoring, Maintenance and Tuning) (21%)
- Use Connect:Direct Requestor.3
- Use Command Line Interface (CLI).
- Use ISPF interface (IUI). (for z/OS)1
- Determine the process completion.
- Utilize and maintain statistics files or databases.2
- Understand Sterling Connect:Direct utilities.1
- Determine trace options.
- Manage and control Sterling Connect:Direct process queues.2
- Identify tuning requirements.
- Identify and apply the appropriate software patches.3
Section 5 - Security (20%)
- Explain local authentication and user roles (e.g. admin versus general user).
- Explain the different methods of remote user authentication (e.g. password, RACF, local versus proxy, snodeid, security exit).1
- Understand the process to create, request and validate x.509 certificates.
- Implement the Sterling Connect:Direct Secure+ STS protocol.
- Use different methods for maintaining security on Sterling Connect:Direct Secure+ (e.g. spadmin, SPCLI, Sterling Control Center).2
- Troubleshoot x.509 certificate issues (e.g. Sterling Connect:Direct traces).
- Implement Sterling External Authentication Server for Connect:Direct.3
- Implement FIPS option.
Take a minute to review our testing policies and guidelines, and registration process.
Register for a Test
Take a minute to review how to register and select a test. Register for an IBM Certification test at Pearson VUE and take a step into your future. Take a minute to review how to Create Pearson VUE account associated with IBM and Selecting Tests on the Pearson VUE Website.