Test C2020-205: IBM Cognos 8 Controller Technical Specialist
A Cognos 8 Controller Technical Specialist is responsible for the installation and configuration of Cognos 8 Controller products. Candidates that achieve this level of certification are expected to be able to participate as an effective team member on a Cognos product installation engagement.
The Cognos 8 Controller Technical Specialist exam covers key concepts, technologies, and functionality of the Cognos products. In preparation for an exam, we recommend a combination of training and hands-on experience, and a detailed review of product documentation.
- Describe the function of required third-party supporting software
- Describe how work is distributed across various controller components
- Describe how to secure Controller for a distributed client base
- Identify required third-party software components that are needed to install and configure Cognos 8 Controller
- Identify supported Controller databases providers
- Identify supported security providers
Installation and configuration (64%)
- Describe how to configure Controller for Cognos 8 integration
- Describe the integration of Controller security with Cognos 8 security
- Describe the process for creating Controller's databases
- Describe steps in configuring the client workstation
- Describe steps in configuring the web server for Controller
- Describe the installation process for upgrades
- Describe steps to configure COM+ Component Services for Cognos Controller
- Troubleshoot third-party supporting software
- Identify troubleshooting strategies and plot go-forward plans
- Identify methods to verify that Controller Web Services are functioning
- Identify methods of improving performance for the Controller database
Take a minute to review our testing policies and guidelines, and registration process.
Register for a Test
Take a minute to review how to register and select a test. Register for an IBM Certification test at Pearson VUE and take a step into your future. Take a minute to review how to Create Pearson VUE account associated with IBM and Selecting Tests on the Pearson VUE Website.