Test C2020-105: IBM Cognos 8 BI Technical Specialist
Note: This test will be withdrawn on Dec 31 2014.
A Cognos 8 BI Technical Specialist is responsible for the installation and configuration of Cognos 8 BI products. Candidates that achieve this level of certification are expected to be able to participate as an effective team member on a Cognos product installation engagement.
- In a multi-tiered structure, describe proven practices related to Webserver, AppServer, and data
- Identify dispatcher requirements and displacement
- Describe the types and requirements for Content Store and Metric Store communications
- Describe the workings and protocols of Content Manager
- Describe the communication in Windows-based interfaces
- Describe the test procedure for web-based interfaces
- Describe logging methods
- Describe the purpose of Cryptography
- Describe the function of CAF
- Describe the compatibility issues that can occur with security protocol set up
- Describe load balancing methods
- Describe the Cognos 8 reporting flow processes
- Describe multi-server installations
- Describe installation and configuration processes
- Describe the process of setting up and testing samples
- Describe the configuration of Cognos 8 BI and its environment
- Describe the testing methods prior to startup
Tuning and Testing (7%)
- Describe the tuning procedures for the Cognos 8 system
- Identify troubleshooting strategies and plot go-forward plans
Before taking your test, please review our testing policies and guidelines, and registration process.
Register for a Test
Register for an IBM Certification test at Pearson VUE and take a step into your future. Take a minute to review how to Create Pearson VUE account associated with IBM and Selecting Tests on the Pearson VUE Website.