Test C2010-659: Fundamentals of Applying IBM SmartCloud Control Desk V1
Study Guide for the certification test.
Below are the high level objectives for this exam. We recommend reviewing the Study Guide for more detailed information on the test objectives to provide a better idea of the content which will be covered on the exam.
Section 1:Current Architecture and Environment
- Given IBM SmartCloud Control Desk (SCCD) system requirements and client preferences, determine supported configurations, gather client standards, research available resources, and determine an appropriate configuration so that a hardware platform and middleware software combination can be recommended.
- Given the sizing guidelines in the SCCD documentation, analyze the client requirements and usage patterns so that sizing recommendations can be determined and presented to the client.
- Given client infrastructure, data flow, and process flow diagrams, determine how SCCD will be deployed and interact with existing client solutions so that functional and physical diagrams can be produced.
- Given client reporting requirements and existing solutions, determine the technical factors impacting the overall solution while satisfying the requirements so that a recommended reporting architecture can be presented to the client.
Section 2:Business Drivers
- Given client requirements and product report capabilities, explain the available reporting and Key Performance Indicators (KPI) options so that the client understands the capabilities.
- Given a customer's business requirement, determine how the business process options impact the solution that is provided so that SCCD solution is designed to satisfy client business processes requirements.
- Given the client requirements, identify the SCCD functional capabilities so that the client has an SCCD functional solution design based on the gap analysis.
- Given the need for integration or continued use within SCCD, design an integration plan so that the client's systems could be integrated.
- Given the SCCD, the basic architecture is designed, and business requirements are defined, take the client business requirements and align them to SCCD capabilities so that client requirements are effectively mapped to the software.
- Given the basic architecture is designed, and the general business requirements are known,review the client business continuity needs and define/design system availability so that the solution is available and meets the continuity requirements.
Section 3:Architecting the Solution
- Given the processes, business units and current applications expose the product functionality and identify communication and data needs so that necessary data is available in IBM SmartCloud Control Desk(SCCD).
- Given the business requirements, processes, data artifacts and current applications, explain what product functionality fulfills the requirements so that customers understand how their business needs are met.
- Given the business requirements, sizing parameters (# of users, # of assets, # of services, # of tickets, etc.) or given the sizing identify best deployment option and architecture so that the most suitable deployment option and topology for given environment and business needs are determined.
- Given the current and future business requirements determine the most suitable SCCD edition so that a recommendation can be made to the client.
Section 4:Apply Solution
- Given the basic architecture is designed, and business requirements are explained or known, review the client business problems and design a resolution to the problem using the IBM SmartCloud Control Desk (SCCD) capabilities and functions so that the customer problem is resolved.
- Given the need to combine capabilities from multiple process areas, design a process solution to interlock the functionality of SCCD so that an interconnected process can be performed.
- Given customer use cases, customer requirements, and business processes, ensure that a solution using SCCD can be obtained so that designed processes fulfil customer's use cases.
- Given the need for continual service improvement, business requirements, and improvement objectives, implement a continuous improvement strategy so that processes are in continuous improvement cycle.
- Given a business requirement to implement ITIL processes, customer business processes, and SCCD capabilities, develop a solution so that the processes utilize ITIL best practices.
Test Study Guides
Let us help you prepare for your certification tests with our easy to follow study guides.
Before taking your test, please review our testing policies and guidelines, and registration process.
Register for a Test
Register for an IBM Certification test at Pearson VUE and take a step into your future. Take a minute to review how to Create Pearson VUE account associated with IBM and Selecting Tests on the Pearson VUE Website.