Test C2010-652: IBM SmartCloud Control Desk V7.5 Fundamentals
Study Guide for the certification test.
Below are the high level objectives for this exam. We recommend reviewing the Study Guide for more detailed information on the test objectives to provide a better idea of the content which will be covered on the exam.
Section 1: SmartCloud Control Desk Concepts
- Given a customer's need to understand service management, explain the service management concepts so that the customer understands how service management can work within SmartCloud Control Desk.
- Given the need to understand service desk processes, discuss the different ticket types, the related processes and common tasks so that service desk processes are understood in the context of SmartCloud Control Desk.
- Given the customers need to understand service catalog, explain the Service Catalog processes so that the customer understands how Service Catalog enables requestors to shop for published IT and other service offerings in an easily accessible and searchable manner.
- Given a customer's need to understand Change, Configuration, and Release management processes, discuss the different work order types, related processes and common work management tasks so that Service Transition processes are understood in the context of SmartCloud Control Desk.
- Given the customers need to manage their IT Asset, explain the IT Asset management processes so that the customer understands how IBM SmartCloud Control Desk can manage hardware and software assets by using the IT asset management lifecycle from planning to retirement.
- Given the customers need to reconcile assets and CIs, explain the reconciliation process so that the customer understands how SmartCloud Control Desk will help to maintain accurate information.
- Given the customers need to understand the end to end interaction within the service management processes, explain how SmartCloud Control Desk manages these interactions so that how SmartCloud Control Desk processes interlock and support each other by design and allows interaction from the beginning to end of each process.
Section 2: General Installation and Deployment
- Given that multiple offerings are available for SmartCloud Control Desk deployment, identify and explain the purpose of each so that the appropriate deployment methodology can be recommended to the customer.
- Given that the SmartCloud Control Desk deployment has multiple installations options, explain the various options so that the appropriate deployment type can be recommended to the customer.
- Given that the SmartCloud Control Desk deployment method has been determined, summarize the installation process and steps so that the individual has an understanding of a SmartCloud Control Desk installation.
- Given that all required resources for completing system installation were provided, explain SmartCloud Control Desk architecture so that the engineer is ready to propose a SmartCloud Control Desk architecture to the customer.
- Given that SmartCloud Control Desk product has been installed and all initial data configuration has been done and all required 3rd party components were deployed and configured, explain the points of external integration so that the customer understands the externals points of integration.
Section 3: Configure SmartCloud Control Desk
- Given SmartCloud Control Desk has been installed, discuss the security options available so that authentication and authorization procedures can be established.
- Given that SmartCloud Control Desk has been installed, perform initial configuration so that currency codes, organizations and sites, service catalog and work types have been created and configured.
- Given the SmartCloud Control Desk product is installed, the organization needs to start the basic configuration of setting up the core data for an organization and site so that the system core data will be configured allowing the business to quickly use the software, no data will be loaded.
- Given that SmartCloud Control Desk has been installed, familiarize with available loggers so that SmartCloud Control Desk can be used to troubleshoot any service management, Change configuration, incident and release management or asset management issues
- Given that SmartCloud Control Desk product has been installed, and the initial data configuration has been done, review and apply changes to the basic system configuration options so that the customer can utilize SmartCloud Control Desk in support of their business processes.
Section 4: Usage
- Given access to SmartCloud Control Desk, discuss the features of the application user interface so that the user is familiar with the navigation in SmartCloud Control Desk.
- Given access to Self Service Center application, describe and demonstrate the use of self-service tasks so that the user can perform common tasks without the need of an administrator or a service desk agent
- Given that SmartCloud Control Desk product has been installed and all initial data configuration has been done, create new Service Request ticket so that a new Service Request ticket was configured and submitted successfully.
- Given that SmartCloud Control Desk is installed and the basic configuration of setting up the core data, catalog and offerings are complete, create a catalog offering request so that the request can either be approved and fulfilled or rejected.
- Given that SmartCloud Control Desk is installed and an error has occurred, perform problem determination so that the cause of the issue has been identified.
- Given that SmartCloud Control Desk is installed and configured to support the customers' business processes, manage the interlock of processes and data in SmartCloud Control Desk so that the organization can manage the complex flow of work in SmartCloud Control Desk.
Test Study Guides
Let us help you prepare for your certification tests with our easy to follow study guides.
Before taking your test, please review our testing policies and guidelines, and registration process.
Register for a Test
Register for an IBM Certification test at Pearson VUE and take a step into your future. Take a minute to review how to Create Pearson VUE account associated with IBM and Selecting Tests on the Pearson VUE Website.