Test C2010-651: Fundamentals of Applying Maximo Asset Management Solutions V3
Study Guide for the certification test.
Below are the high level objectives for this exam. We recommend reviewing the Study Guide for more detailed information on the test objectives to provide a better idea of the content which will be covered on the exam.
Section 1:Current Architecture and Environment
- Given the details of the customer's current environment, analyze the technical architecture including networking, hardware, software and security and the customers' implementation preferences so that all aspects of the client infrastructure and proposed usage are understood and an architecture plan is developed.
Section 2:Business Drivers
- Given the need to have knowledge of Enterprise Asset Management (EAM), describe the maintenance concepts of EAM so that the EAM concepts have been defined.
- Given the need to have knowledge of EAM, describe business benefits that an EAM solution brings to the enterprise, and the various solutions available in the EAM domain so that the EAM business benefits have been defined.
- Given the need to have knowledge of EAM, describe the features in Maximo that contribute to ROI on EAM solutions and the factors that affect the cost and duration of implementing an EAM solution brings to the enterprise, and the various solutions available in the EAM domain so that the EAM business benefits have been defined.
- Given knowledge of EAM, describe key differentiators between EAM products so that the key differentiators of EAM products have been defined.
- Given knowledge of the IBM Tivoli product suite, describe the Asset Management family of products and relate their functionality to customer business cases so that the customer is advised which IBM Tivoli product or products best meet customer requirements.
- Given a list of key decision makers, interview key decision makers and compile the customer's Asset Management requirements so that a document is created containing the customer's business and desired asset management objects, goals, and current pains.
- Given the need to summarize the value of EAM, deliver a presentation that focuses on the three areas of Visibility, Control, and Automation so that the customer understands IBM's approach to asset management.
- Given the need to identify the Tivoli Solution that meet customer's requirements, define the software solutions provided by IBM and the ability to map the solution and potential industry solutions to the customer's requirement so that a proper solution can be identified for the customer.
Section 3:Functional Requirements
- Given a description of the customer's documented business processes, identify the key areas of the processes that relate to Enterprise Asset Management (EAM) so that the customer's current business processes fit and gaps have been identified.
- Given a customer contact, organizational charts, and a list of key roles, create a document that represents the organizational structure of the customer's EAM environment and describe key EAM roles so that the customer's EAM organizational structure and key roles are clearly understood as they relate to the customer's business processes and the proposed IBM EAM solution
- Given a need to understand asset class (asset type) and asset management process, assess, describe and document these so that asset types and asset management process are understood.
- Given an understanding or prior experience with basic preventive maintenance processes, apply basic preventive maintenance processes to an IBM EAM solution in order to demonstrate a clear understanding of preventive maintenance processes and the ability to apply then in an IBM EAM solution.
- Given an understanding or prior experience with basic Work Order processes and Assets life cycle, apply the knowledge to an IBM EAM solution in order to demonstrate a clear understanding of Work Order, Assets, Locations and Classifications and the ability to apply then in an IBM EAM solution.
- Given an understanding or prior experience with basic Purchasing cycle and Inventory transactions, apply the knowledge to an IBM EAM solution in order to demonstrate a clear understanding of Purchasing cycle and Inventory transactions and the ability to apply then in an IBM EAM solution.
- Given an understanding or prior experience with basic Contracting life cycle apply the knowledge to an IBM EAM solution by evaluating the customers' current level of contract usage relating to asset management, supply chain requirements and work management.
- Given a description of the customer's documented service commitments, identify critical processes that are monitored and resulting actions, so that the customer's use of SLA is understood.
Section 4:Reporting Requirements
- Given the knowledge of Maximo, Business Intelligence and Reporting Tool (BIRT), Cognos, 3rd party reporting ability and customer current and future reporting tools, describe the reporting options so that all reporting options have been desribed and are understood.
- Given a requisite level familiarity with IBM and 3rd party reporting applications, and the customer's reporting requirements, describe an assessment of current versus proposed reporting solutions so that IBM Enterprise Asset Management (EAM) solution reporting options are positioned favorably against existing reporting applications.
Section 5:Integration and Interfacing Requirements
- Given a thorough analysis of the customer's enterprise applications, understand and describe available integration options so that a high level integration strategy for on-going feeds between Maximo and existing enterprise applications can be delivered.
- Given a thorough analysis of the customer's current EAM applications, understand and describe the options available for the initial data load from legacy systems so the proposed IBM EAM solution can be delivered.
- Given the client's working knowledge of the included tailoring tools, explain the capabilities of the Application Designer Database Configuration and Automation Scripting so that the customer has an understanding of this functionality.
Test Study Guides
Let us help you prepare for your certification tests with our easy to follow study guides.
Before taking your test, please review our testing policies and guidelines, and registration process.
Register for a Test
Register for an IBM Certification test at Pearson VUE and take a step into your future. Take a minute to review how to Create Pearson VUE account associated with IBM and Selecting Tests on the Pearson VUE Website.