Test C2010-595: IBM Maximo Asset Management V7.5 Fundamentals
Study Guide for the certification test.
Below are the high level objectives for this exam. We recommend reviewing the Study Guide for more detailed information on the test objectives to provide a better idea of the content which will be covered on the exam.
Section 1:Asset Management
- Given a set of failure classes, create a failure hierarchy by defining the problems, causes, and remedies and associating a failure class with an asset so that asset failures can be tracked.
- Given a physical or virtual location within a site and organization, create a location record, assign it to a system of locations, and track location information such as assigned users, custodians, and meters so that a location's characteristics can be defined.
- Given physical or logical meters, meter type and any applicable attribute, describe the purpose of meters, meter groups, and the three different meter types, create meter definitions in the Meters application, and described the various applications that use meters so that meters are defined and their uses described.
- Given an asset in a non-inventory location and a shared item set between swap destinations, describe the limitations and options of where assets can be moved to and from, the requirements for swapping assets, execute a mass move of assets, and swap assets between locations so that asset moves and swaps are understood and performed.
- Given an item master, companies, locations, master preventive maintenance, meters, classifications, and data sheets, describe, create, use ,and apply an asset template so that a template is described, created, and new assets are created or the template is applied to an existing asset.
- Given that the maintenance of assets and parts frequently require the replacement of parts and subassemblies, define and describe asset subassemblies and spare parts so that they may be readily identified when needed for replacement during repair and maintenance actions.
- Given the need for attributes to be added to a new or existing classification; add attributes to a new or existing classification so that they can be used in other applications.
Section 2:Work Management and Planning
- Given that an IBM Maximo Asset Management V 7.5 work order may exist in a multiple work order hierarchy, explain how these work orders are related so that the user will be able to utilize the operational benefit of this functionality.
- Given that a user has security access to the Work Order module, enter a work order and follow-up work order so that the relationship and functionality are demonstrated.
- Given that a Maximo has been installed and the initial configuration has been completed, describe how to assign a work order so that the work order has been assigned.
- Given the initial configuration is completed, and assets have been set up, define how to add labor, crafts, services, and tools to the work order so that they are added.
- Given the initial configuration has been completed, describe what and how sequence is used on a work order so that sequencing and flow control may be used.
- Given the initial configuration has been completed, labor has been entered and a shift calendar associated with each record, describe how to use the Assignment Manager to assign work orders so that work orders have been assigned based upon the configuration.
- Given a Job Plan requirement with task steps, create a new organization and site specific Job Plan, add Task steps to the Job Plan and save the record so that the organization and site specific Job Plan with Tasks status is changed to active.
- Given daily time entries exist in the Labor Reporting application, perform normal daily tasks such as Approving Labor and Creating Invoices so that new time entries utilize the various methods of entering labor transactions.
Section 3:Purchasing and Receiving
- Given items, vendors, and terms and conditions, create a new purchase contract, approve the contact, revise the contract, add an end date, and approve the new revision so that the original contract shows revised.
- Given an item set, inventory items and storerooms, create an inventory usage record that transfers items so that a shipment is created and received.
- Given a purchase order, receive items or services so that items or services are received.
- Given a purchase order with status Approved or In Progress that is not an internal purchase order, revise the purchase order in the Purchase Orders application so that the purchase order is revised.
- Given that a purchase order has been entered and has receipts that need to be voided, void the receipts so that the receipts are voided.
- Given that a rotating asset or direct-issue item has been received, describe how to return rotating assets or direct-issue items to vendors so that the rotating asset or direct-issue item has been returned.
Section 4:Inventory Management
- Given the initial configuration has been completed, add and manage inventory and inventory balances so that the inventory may now be added and managed.
- Given the actual cost of item on receipt and applied whenever an inventory transaction occurs, describe how Last-In-First-Out (LIFO) and First-In-First-Out (FIFO) will function so that the differences can be identified.
- Given that an Item has been added to the Item Master, add it to the storeroom so that it is available for inventory management.
- Given the principles of asset management, identify the rotating items function and their lifecycle so they can be used and managed.
- Given an inventory item, issue, transfer, or ship using the Inventory Usage application so that an inventory usage transaction has been completed.
- Given items, inventory, storerooms ,and work orders, describe hard and soft reservations so that hard and soft reservations have been described.
- Given a consignment item, create, receive, issue, and generate an invoice for a consignment stock item so that consignment stock is created, used and paid
- Given existing inventory usage records of usage types and usage record statuses associated with charge entities, select records from the Inventory Usage application and expand Usage Lines to track the issue, transfer, and return of inventory items within and across organizations so that these records are tracked, transferred, or returned.
Section 5:Service Management
- Given a new request from a user and information about the request, create a new service request record and input the request information, assign the service request to an owner and change the service request status to its current status so that a new service request is created.
- Given ticket template information for common, high volume requests, explain the benefits of ticket templates, describe the requirements for applying templates, create a ticket template, and apply a template to an service request so that a ticket templates are explained, created, and applied.
- Given a pre-defined classification hierarchy and a classifiable service request, describe the purpose and the process of applying a classification so that service request classification is explained and applied to a ticket.
- Given access to the Labor Reporting application, report labor hours by ticket, work order, contract, and labor so that the labor hours are reported.
- Given an SLA between the provider and customer, and a service request, explain the purpose of SLAs and the process of applying or disassociating a SLA from a service request so that SLAs are explained and managed against a service request.
Section 6:Navigating and Reporting
- Given an integration object and Application Designer, run and save query-based report from the Work Order application so that a query-based report has been executed.
- Given a valid SMTP configuration and email recipient(s), describe the available report delivery formats and send an email with a URL to a report file so that report delivery formats are explained and an email is sent with a URL to a report file.
- Given an awareness of different file types, describe the file type options for both emailed and exported reports so that an understanding of various file types is demonstrated and a report is exported to a file.
- Given group specific requirements and administrator rights, create or modify a Start Center template, list the available formatting options, describe the different portlets, set a Start Center as default and assign to a security group so that a Start Center template is created/modified and configured per group requirements.
- Given the active record includes the functionality to have multiple statuses, use the application status change function to change its status to a valid new status so that the status of the record is changed.
Section 7:Preventative Maintenance
- Given preventive maintenance (PM) needs, create and manage PM records so that assets may be properly managed and ROI is optimized.
- Given PM needs, create master PM records so that they may be associated to multiple assets or locations so that they enhance and simplify the management of multiple assets or locations for large numbers of similar assets.
- Given a set of PM's, update the PM records so that work orders are or will be generated either automatically or manually.
- Given assets, locations, and job plans, create routes, and associate the routes with a PM and work order so that the routes are created an applied.
- Given that PM records and scheduling information is selected, generate a PM forecast for a new or existing PM record so that the forecast is generated.
- Given an active PM, location, asset and route, apply a forecast so that it can be used in Scheduler or a reforecast as necessary.
Test Study Guides
Let us help you prepare for your certification tests with our easy to follow study guides.
Before taking your test, please review our testing policies and guidelines, and registration process.
Register for a Test
Register for an IBM Certification test at Pearson VUE and take a step into your future. Take a minute to review how to Create Pearson VUE account associated with IBM and Selecting Tests on the Pearson VUE Website.