Evaluate Customer Environment
- Evaluate and document current customer environment (i.e. equipment, software, staff usage, satisfaction, need for change and growth) including power, network, storage, SAN, back up, and rack space
- Describe PureFlex family, features, architectural advantages relevant to customer environment and plans. Contrast with current customer environment and competitive offerings at a level consistent with the customer audience.
- Competitive products and issues
- Solve customer business problems using tools, methods, resources and processes
- Describe virtualization and relate to customer requirements including PowerVM, VMware, XEN, and HyperV. Discuss options and advise customer.
- Describe networking concepts and apply to customer requirements, including adapting to existing networks. Describe devices, and typical implementations. Perform basic design, basic integration, and limited implementation. Relate virtual networking to physical networking.
- Describe Storage Subsystems, plan implementation, and guide installation. Relate IBM storage offerings with typically encountered competitive and previous IBM devices. Advise customers which IBM Storage solutions best meet their requirements.
- Discuss systems management
- Discuss PureFlex offerings
- Create an accurate solution including hardware, software, and services based upon the needs and expectations of the customer.
- Identify areas of risk related to the implementation plan. Discuss these with the customer, Business Partner, the IBM team, and other relevant parties.
- Create an implementation plan with the customer considering
- Server consolidation tools (i.e. - SCON, Capacity Planner, TCO Studies, Alinean)
- Operating system installation
- Use of typical tools
- Chassis management tools CMM
- Planning issues (i.e. HVAC, Security, Networking, Operations, Storage, space, power and cooling, skills assessment and education, TDA when used)
- System, network and storage management tools (i.e. FSM, Blade Open Fabric Manager (BOFM), Tivoli, VMware, etc.) Discuss typical tools, and have experience implementing selected features.
- Server, Data or SAN migration
- Change and configuration management
- Services performed by the Business Partner/3rd Party