Test 000-766: Systems Management Technical Support V2
This is the second version of the Systems Management Technical Support
1. Understand Current Environment and Opportunity Development
- Discussion of business benefits of systems management, automation and optimization direction consistent with the level of customer contact. (e.g. - SLA, Business process management)
- Discuss, levels and types of systems management (e.g. - Facilities and infrastructure management)
- Discuss and compare competitive products and interoperability (e.g. - servers, storage, Systems Insight Manager, CA Unicenter, UCS Manager, BMC Patrol, MS Systems Center)
- Discuss strategies, best practices, product scope, migration and options applicable to customer environment
- Discuss business risk and benefits of availability (e.g. - backup, business recovery, system failover, levels of availability, RPO, RTO, PowerHA, PowerVM)
- Discuss facility management strategies and tools (e.g. - AEM, Power Configurator, Energy Estimator)
- Describe software and firmware compliance automation
- Discuss service and support management (e.g. - , Service and Support Manager (SSM), Call Home)
- Discuss provisioning options (e.g. - BOFM, ToolsCenter, VMcontrol, TPM, Storage Control)
- Understand optimization strategies and how systems management tools apply to customer situation (e.g. - virtualization, Easy Tier, tuning)
- Describe types of cloud computing and requirements (e.g. - Private, Public, Hybrid)
- Identify and describe relevant sales and technical tools to assess customer environment and goals (e.g. - Disk Magic, Capacity Magic, Alinean Tool, Batch Magic, CDAT, Power Configurator, zCP3000, PM for Power)
- Recognize standard industry terms for credibility and to identify competitors involved
2. Systems Director and other Management Tools
- Identify and discuss Systems Director and plug ins - describe features, functions, supported environments, and be able to installTopics include: alerts, configuration templates, database, discovery, editions, general, installation, inventory, performance tuning, planning, plug-ins, security, support, and updates.
3. Systems Director and other Management Integration
- Discuss Partner Integration of Systems Director, complimentary and sometimes competitive products (e.g. - Tivoli, VMware, Hyper-V, OpenView, and UIM)
4. Management Tools, AMM, IMM, HMC, Storage and BOFM
- Identify and discuss methods for hardware management (e.g. - HMC, AMM, IMM, BOFM, and storage)
Find out how this change will impact you now and in the future.
Take a minute to review our testing policies and guidelines, and registration process.
Register for a Test
Register for an IBM Certification test at Prometric and take a step into your future.