This test has six sections. The objectives for each section are listed below.
Section 1: Technical Requirements Definition (16%)
- Given a scenario, explain which technical solutions will meet customers' business requirements.
- Given a scenario, determine which elements of the customer's IT architecture/strategy are relevant to store operations.
- Describe the limitations of a proposed solution.
- Identify methods for measuring gains/improvements from current systems to proposed solutions.
Section 2: Solution Architecture (19%)
- Given a scenario, evaluate a proposed solution for technical feasibility and for the customers' business requirements.
- Identify and resolve solutions assurance issues (i.e., validation of feasibility/connectivity of all hardware, software, and services).
- Identify migration requirements.
- Describe and recognize need for/scope of custom services.
- Given a scenario, identify an appropriate backup and recovery plan.
Section 3: Solution Presentation (15%)
- Describe a proposed solution based on customer requirements.
- Given a scenario, identify which solutions can be demonstrated to a customer.
- Given a scenario, describe how to respond to technical issues that occur during a customer demonstration.
- Explain how to provide appropriate responses to customer questions during a customer demonstration.
- Identify sources of information about solutions to prepare customer demonstrations.
Section 4: Solution Integration (20%)
- Identify the steps required to set up a lab environment with appropriate hardware and software requirements to meet customer needs.
- Describe how to install and configure hardware and install, configure and personalize software.
- Describe how to configure communications based on customer requirements.
- Describe how to establish test criteria and scripts based on customer requirements.
- Describe how to configure and tune system to optimize performance and reliability.
- Identify tasks required to conduct a successful pilot installation.
Section 5: Problem Management (17%)
- Given a scenario, identify information resources available to identify a problem.
- Given a scenario, identify a problem.
- Given a scenario, identify resources to provide a solution or provide a solution to a problem.
- List the steps required to test a problem solution.
- Given a scenario, describe how to distribute a solution to affected customers.
Section 6: Project Management and Planning (13%)
- Describe how to develop a plan to install or migrate a store solution.
- Identify roles/responsibilities of all stakeholders.
- Identify education requirements and describe an education plan.
- Define milestones/deadlines and identify critical path.
- Given a scenario, describe a support plan.
- Identify methods for tracking project progress.
- Identify reporting requirements
- Explain a process for replicating software load and applying store-unique configuration.