Test 000-752: IBM Certified Specialist - Retail Store Solution Sales V4
This exam consists of nine sections. The sections and objectives for each section are listed below.
Section 1: Describe methods of identifying the RSS opportunity (11%)
- Identify business requirements.
- Given a scenario, determine when a customer will be ready for a new solution.
- Conduct research on customer profile.
- Calculate initial ROI for customer.
- Describe the customer's budget/decision-making process.
- Given a customer's budget for the year, assess the opportunity.
- Evaluate competitive environment.
Section 2: Evaluate the customer's current and future needs. (15%)
- Determine current install.
- Determine customer's current and future opportunity.
- Identify organization's business practices.
- Determine customer's current business challenges and how to resolve them.
- Determine customer's future business needs.
- Identify customer objectives.
- Identify industry segment solutions.
- Identify industry metrics.
Section 3: Outline a solution to meet the customer's needs. (17%)
- Given a scenario, describe a solution to best meet customer's business needs.
- Determine solution components and integration considerations (e.g., host, interfaces, OEM devices, peripherals, etc.).
- Given a scenario, evaluate feasibility of solution options considering trade-offs of various alternatives.
- Describe methods, timelines, and resources for solution implementation.
- Determine changes to ROI for business partner or customer.
Section 4: Compare and contrast IBM and competitor solutions. (12%)
- Identify applicable competition (including used market).
- Describe competitors' strategy by segment.
- Describe IBM solution strengths and weaknesses compared to competitors' solution strengths and weaknesses.
- Explain competitors' weaknesses ethically and with tact.
Section 5: Determine appropriate resources for solution demonstration (9%)
- Given a scenario, identify customers who should be invited to demonstration.
- Given a scenario, determine critical aspects of demonstration to deliver.
- Identify components to assemble for a demonstration.
- Describe the process to coordinate demonstration, including multi-vendor participation.
- Describe open architecture and integration capabilities.
- Use feedback from customer to identify necessary adjustments.
Section 6: Describe the IBM solution value proposition. (18%)
- Calculate and explain total cost of ownership to the customer.
- Calculate and explain customer's return on investment for solution.
- Describe support, service and financing advantages for customer.
- Describe the benefits of working with IBM.
- Describe investment protection advantages.
- Explain options for future growth opportunities.
- Describe the value of features and overall solution for customer.
Section 7: Identify appropriate tasks to finalize the solution (8%)
- List the tasks required to finalize the solution.
- Identify an appropriate configuration including OEM products.
- Identify service, support and maintenance plans.
- List the components that factor into the price to the customer.
Section 8: Identify appropriate tasks to implement the solution (5%)
- Identify appropriate IBM or business partner resource.
- List the tasks required to implement the solution.
- List post-sale activities.
Section 9: Identify resources of IBM internal and external information (5%)
- Given a scenario, identify which documented resources will provide needed information.
- Given a scenario, identify who may provide needed information.
Take a minute to review our testing policies and guidelines, and registration process.
Take it Again 2013
Retake an exam for no additional cost with IBM Take It Again Vouchers.
Register for a Test
Register for an IBM Certification test at Prometric and take a step into your future.