Test 000-723: IBM WebSphere Commerce V7.0, Application Development
The test consists of seven sections containing a total of 56 multiple-choice questions. The percentages after each section title reflect the approximate distribution of the total question set across the sections.
Section 1 - Architecture and Programming Framework (13%)
- Demonstrate knowledge of the product architecture and programming framework.
- Explain the differences and limitations between product editions.
- Distinguish between the WebSphere Commerce business models.
- Describe the major WebSphere Commerce sub-systems.
- Use the WebSphere Commerce data models.
Section 2 - Installation, Configuration and Maintenance (11%)
- Install the WebSphere Commerce Developer.
- Apply fixes, fix packs and feature packs.
- Examine the logs to verify the installation details.
- Configure the WebSphere Commerce Developer (e.g., store publishing, messaging, enabling optional modules, etc.).
- Install and configure optional components and additional software (e.g., IBM Gift Center, IBM Sales Center, Coremetrics, etc).
Section 3 - Development and Customization (38%)
- Design and develop Web 2.0 store front pages.
- Develop and customize business logic using Name Value Pair (NVP) and Business Object Document (BOD) command frameworks.
- Extend the persistence layer using Data Service Layer (DSL) and Enterprise Java Beans (EJB).
- Implement BOD and Service Oriented Integration (SOI) service modules.
- Customize the administration tools (e.g., Accelerator, Management Center, etc.).
- Implement exception handling and tracing.
- Define and apply the access control policies and session management techniques.
- Use dynamic caching (DynaCache).
- Package custom assets for deployment.
- Customize the optional components (e.g. IBM Sales Center and IBM Gift Center).
Section 4 - Testing and Debugging (13%)
- Use product supplied Unit Test mechanisms (e.g. Management Center Test Automation Framework, Storefront Test Automation Engine).
- Use product documentation and available online resources (e.g. Information Center, IBM Redbooks, developerWorks, etc).
- Debug and troubleshoot.
Section 5 - Payments and Integration with External Systems (14%)
- Create and configure payment plug-ins.
- Interpret, implement and configure integration with external systems.
- Demonstrate integration with Social Commerce and Coremetrics.
Section 6 - Staging and Data Load (11%)
- Describe the staging server environment and use staging utilities.
- Enable and use workspaces.
- Customize and configure the Data Load utility.
- Prepare SQL, XML, CSV and other data loading assets.
- Perform full and delta data load in development, test and staging environments.
Take a minute to review our testing policies and guidelines, and registration process.
Take it Again 2013
Retake an exam for no additional cost with IBM Take It Again Vouchers.
Register for a Test
Register for an IBM Certification test at Prometric and take a step into your future.