Test 000-667: Architectural Design of SOA Solutions
The test consists of five sections containing a total of approximately 60 multiple-choice questions. The percentages after each section title reflect the approximate distribution of the total question set across the sections.
Section 1 - Knowledge of Applied SOA (13%)
- Apply the SOA approach to solution architecture.
- Position the benefits of SOA with respect to business and IT strategy
- Define the role that standards play in an SOA solution.
- Apply the IBM SOA Reference Architecture and leverage the IBM SOA Foundation
- Apply proper design guidelines for an SOA solution
Section 2 - SOA Assessment and Analysis (20%)
- Assess and articulate the business problem
- Perform an as-is SOA assessment using Service Integration Maturity Model (SIMM) or similar model.
- Capture and assess IT/technical issues and objectives
- Capture and assess the SOA business issues and objectives (people, processes and information)
- Capture and assess architectural issues and objectives
- Capture and assess governance issues and objectives
- Create an SOA solution definition and roadmap utilizing existing reference architectures where appropriate
- Identify functional requirements for the SOA solution definition
- Identify nonfunctional requirements and how they relate to the SOA solution definition
Section 3 - SOA Design (30%)
- Articulate architectural/design decisions as they relate to people, process, information, connectivity, and re-use.
- Identify candidate SOA patterns that can be applied to the customer problem.
- Incorporate the IBM SOA Foundation into design as appropriate
- Choose the appropriate tools for the various aspects of the design (people, process, information).
- Identify and define the services that are required to address the business problem.
- Define how services would be realized with new or existing assets.
- Define how the SOA design maps to and affects the IT infrastructure.
- Define in the design how the non-functional requirements are being addressed.
- Define the aspects of the governance model and how they apply to the solution.
- Identify and incorporate the standards appropriate for the solution in the design.
Section 4 - SOA Realization (22%)
- Guide and review the application of the SOA infrastructure
- Guide and review the implementation of selected patterns
- Guide and review the services enablement for existing assets
- Guide and review the user interaction implementation
- Guide and review the Business Process Management implementation
- Guide and review the information management implementation
- Guide and review the security implementation
- Guide and review the service management implementation
- Guide and review quality assurance (e.g., unit, function, performance, and system test)
- Ensure that governance is properly applied to the SOA realization.
Section 5 - SOA Deployment and Management (15%)
- Guide and review the Operations Management (e.g, security, monitor, systems management, workload management)
- Guide and review the solution distribution and deployment
- Guide and review the Service Management (e.g., Service Level Agreements, Operating Level Agreement, Charge Back)
- Guide and review the deployment and management of the infrastructure specific solution components
- Ensure procedures are in place to feed monitored operational data into the development lifecycle process.
Take a minute to review our testing policies and guidelines, and registration process.
Take it Again 2013
Retake an exam for no additional cost with IBM Take It Again Vouchers.
Register for a Test
Register for an IBM Certification test at Prometric and take a step into your future.