Test 000-603: IBM System z Solution Sales V6
Gather Customer Requirements
- Qualify the customer by confirming their expectations, identifying their decision making process, and ascertaining their compelling reason(s) to act.
- Determine financial justification for system acquisition (TCO, ROI, customer budget, business goals).
- Determine customer's growth requirements (current and future performance and capacity).
- Identify and describe business requirements that can be met by zEnterprise capabilities and technologies including Solution Editions, zBX and Unified Resource Manager.
- Develop application volumes and requirements.
- Evaluate existing systems environment
Develop Business Solution
- Identify resources needed to achieve predictable performance of the customer's requirements.
- Differentiate server performance using customer application benchmarks, industry benchmarks data.
- Recognize application sizing elements. (transaction rates, database hits, transaction spikes, CoD)
- Differentiate IBM System z family members including special models and Solution Editions.
- Explain Ensemble advantages including Zbx and Unified Resource Manager
- Compare available System z operating systems.
- Identify system management tools available for System z (e.g. z/OSMF, Tivoli, Systems Director, Unified Resource Manager).
- Identify systems management tools available for IBM System z (WebSM, Tivoli, etc.).
- Guide customer through IBM System z operating systems, middleware, ISV and other applications pricing.
- Compare IBM system storage options for System z.
- Quantify the business value of new System z features and functions or a new or existing customer.
- Describe zEnterprise architectural advantages to a new customer: Scalability, Clustering, Performance, RAS, Security, Reliability and availabiility, Ensemble Management, and investment protection
- Describe business value of System z flexibility: z/VSE, z/VM, z/OS, Linux on System z, System z operating systems, Virtualization, zBX and Unified Resource Manager, and Solution Editions
- Compare IBM System z competitive advantages: Architecture, Performance, Balanced systems design, Ensemble, zBX and Unified Resource Manager, TCO, Virtualization, to used equipment and other architectures (Sun, HP, and other IBM).
- Compare z/OS advantages to other operating systems (e.g., Solaris, Windows, HP-UX, Linux).
- Compare IBM System z terminology with competitive terms.
Find out how this change will impact you now and in the future.
Take a minute to review our testing policies and guidelines, and registration process.
Register for a Test
Register for an IBM Certification test at Prometric and take a step into your future.