The test contains seven sections totalling 61 multiple-choice questions. The percentages after each section title reflect the approximate distribution of the total question set across the sections.
Section 1 - Planning and Architecture (7%)
- Demonstrate understanding of IBM FileNet Business Process Manager Architecture
- Identify minimum installation requirements
- Identify product integration options available to the Process Engine
Section 2 - Installation and Configuration (18%)
- Demonstrate installation and configuration knowledge (e.g. multiple instances configuration, security)
- Demonstrate knowledge of high availability installation and configuration
- Demonstrate knowledge of deploying add-on software (e.g. P8 eForms, Case Analyzer, Case Monitor)
- Demonstrate knowledge of deployment validation procedures
Section 3 - Administration (15%)
- Demonstrate knowledge of system administration tasks (e.g. maintenance tasks, best practices)
- Demonstrate knowledge of workflow administration tools and tasks
- Demonstrate knowledge of Process Engine security.
Section 4 - Designing, Deploying and Testing Workflows and Applications (20%)
- Understand the steps needed to plan and create a BPM application (i.e. workflow design) based on FileNet BPM
- Understand the steps needed to design and implement a BPM application (i.e. workflow design) based on FileNet BPM
- Understand the steps needed to deploy an application from development to testing to production
- Understand the steps needed to expose a workflow as a service
- Understand and demonstrate the process engine using custom components (e.g. dropping in Java Code, Step Processors, etc.)
Section 5 - Extending IBM FileNet Business Process Manager Configuration (11%)
- Demonstrate knowledge of integration of FileNet BPM with external system using WebServices & JMS.
- Understand how Process Engine interacts with Case Manager
- Understand how to integrate Rules, Case Analyzer, Case Monitor, P8 eForms and Lotus Forms, and Records Manager with workflow
Section 6 - Troubleshooting (16%)
- Understand how to use the ISA Lite tool to collect diagnostic information.
- Familiarity with the logging options for the Process Engine (e.g. PE Server System logs and trace logs, VW Tool Trace, log4j)
- Given a scenario, identify the tools available to troubleshoot the Process Engine (e.g. Process Tracker, Process Administrator, vwlog, vwtool, diagnostic URL)
Section 7 - Performance and Tuning (13%)
- Demonstrate knowledge of monitoring options (e.g. WebSphere Business Monitor, Case Monitor)
- Understand the principles of performance and tuning recommendations
- Demonstrate knowledge of JVM tuning
- Demonstrate knowledge of database tuning