The test consists of five sections containing a total of 53 multiple-choice questions. The percentages after each section title reflect the approximate distribution of the total question set across the sections.
Section 1 - Rule Design (26%)
- Given a business rule scenario, including a business rule, identify how the rule should be implemented.
- Identify how rule elements are organized in Rule Studio.
- Identify the characteristics and designing of BOM.
- Identify the characteristics and designing of XOM.
- Establish BOM to XOM mapping.
- Orchestrate rule execution.
- Identify the need for a rule extension model.
Section 2 - Rule Authoring (28%)
- Given a scenario, determine which rule artifact should be used.
- Given a scenario, determine which variable (automatic, ruleset, rule) or parameter should be used.
- Identify the rule editor that should be used.
- Identify the correct use of BAL language constructs.
- Identify the correct use of IRL language constructs.
- Define and improve the verbalization of the rules.
- Given a scenario, identify which rule authoring configuration is needed.
Section 3 - Rule Execution (21%)
- Execute rules in Rule Studio.
- Given a scenario, choose the correct engine algorithm.
- Debug rule execution.
- Given a scenario, identify the appropriate rule engine integration strategy.
Section 4 - Rule Validation (16%)
- Write test scenarios including using a custom scenario provider.
- Perform the steps to setup rule validation using DVS.
- Check rule consistency and completeness.
- Setup Decision Warehouse.
- Create simulations based on Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
Section 5 - Rule Deployment (10%)
- Synchronize between rule authoring environments.
- Create and deploy Rule App and Ruleset.