The test contains five sections totalling 53 multiple-choice questions. The percentages after each section title reflect the approximate distribution of the total question set across the sections.
Section 1 - Architecture (13%)
- Understand Unica Campaign architecture components.
- Understand the criteria for hardware requirements.
- Demonstrate knowledge of networks.
- Demonstrate knowledge of supporting data structures, including reporting.
Section 2 - Installation (13%)
- Install Unica Marketing Platform and Unica Campaign applications, and their supporting structures (including distributed environments).
- Demonstrate knowledge of upgrade procedures.
- Demonstrate the ability to determine successful installation.
- Demonstrate the ability to install and configure Cognos for Unica Campaign reporting.
Section 3 - Configuration and Customization (30%)
- Illustrate how to set up different authorization mechanisms.
- Explain how to manage and access user databases within Unica.
- Demonstrate knowledge of setting up security, user roles and policies for Unica Campaign objects.
- Demonstrate knowledge of attributes in Unica Campaign.
- Configure audience levels.
- Demonstrate ability to configure dashboards.
- Configure contact and response history.
- Understand integration with other Unica products.
Section 4 - Functionality and Development (31%)
- Illustrate how database table administration functions in Unica Campaign (e.g. table mapping, flat files, base/dimension/general tables).
- Configure Unica Campaign processes to build a flowchart.
- Create offers and apply them to campaigns.
- Configure components of the scheduler.
- Explain uses and benefits of custom macro.
- Explain uses and benefits of user variables.
- Explain uses and benefits of derived fields.
- Explain uses and benefits of triggers.
- Understand reporting.
Section 5 - Troubleshooting and Performance Tuning (13%)
- Understand and configure logging.
- Demonstrate knowledge of Unica utilities.
- Demonstrate the ability to isolate performance issues.
- Demonstrate knowledge of character encoding.