Test 000-453: IBM System Storage DS8000 Technical Solutions V3
Provide Pre-sales Technical Support (11%)
- Articulate the differences (with other IBM storage) and/or advantages of currently marketed IBM DS8000 solutions in a System z, IBM i, or distributed systems environment
- Articulate technical capabilities of the DS8000 system
Gather Customer Requirements (13%)
- Identify customer's business drivers and goals (pain points)
- Identify customer's technology requirements
- Identify constraints in customer's physical environment
Architect a Storage Solution that Addresses the Customer's Business and Technical Requirements (43%)
- Architect the solution to comply with the customer's existing site constraints
- Ensure the solution is supported in the customer's SAN and server infrastructure
- Configure the system to meet the customer's requirements, e.g., cache size, Fibre Channel ports, etc.
- Determine the capacity required to support multiple platforms (i.e., open systems, IBM i, and mainframe workloads sharing a single system)
- Develop a configuration to meet the desired performance of the storage subsystem
- Architect a solution including other advanced functions of the DS8000, including Easy Tier, encryption, thin provisioning, and QoS
- Architect a replication solution in metro, global and three-site environments including sizing of connectivity requirements
- Architect a point-in-time copy solution
- Determine the appropriate OEL and Advanced Function licenses
- Verify SAN connectivity requirements to suport the customer's requirements
- Identify requirements and benefits of additional external software, e.g., Tivoli Storage Productivity Center V5.1, FlashCopy Manager, Tivoli Key Lifecycle Manager, GDPS (Geographically Disbursed Parallel Sysplex), PowerHA
- Develop installation plan/schedule in conjunction with the customer
- Develop a migration plan that meets customer requirements regarding outage and effort
- Conduct a technical and delivery assessment (TDA) of a DS8000, e.g., Pre-sales TDA, Pre-install TDA, Post-install TDA
Design and Implement the Solution (24%)
- Understand how to perform administrative tasks in the CLI and GUI
- Understand license management
- Design the logical configuration, e.g., extent pools, tiering, etc.
- Design host access including QoS
- Design a detailed point-in-time copy solution
- Design a remote copy services solution
- Enable the remote support capabilities
- Implement/integrate the local alerting, e.g., SNMP, Tivoli Storage Productivity Center, etc.
- Understand the requirements for encryption implementation and secure erase
Provide Post-installation Support (9%)
- Conduct post installation review to determine if proposed benefits were realized
- Educate the customer on problem resolution procedures
- Determine the correct IBM process, procedure or resource to resolve customer problems
Take a minute to review our testing policies and guidelines, and registration process.
Take it Again 2013
Retake an exam for no additional cost with IBM Take It Again Vouchers.
Register for a Test
Register for an IBM Certification test at Prometric and take a step into your future.