Test 000-452: IBM Storwize V7000 Technical Solutions V2
IBM Storwize V7000 and Storwize V7000 Unified General Overview (19%)
- Describe how Storwize V7000 and Storwize V7000 Unified fits into the IBM storage portfolio
- Articulate the benefits of a virtualized storage infrastructure, and guide the decision making process
- Describe the benefits of the Storwize V7000 and Storwize V7000 Unified hardware architecture
- Explain the competitive advantages of Storwize V7000 and Storwize V7000 Unified compared to other vendor storage systems
- Understand key Storwize V7000 and Storwize V7000 Unified terminology compared to IBM and other vendor storage systems
IBM Storwize V7000 and Storwize V7000 Unified System and Advanced Functions Knowledge (26%)
- Identify and compare Storwize and Storwize V7000 Unified system components and capacities, and describe the function of each component
- Describe Storwize V7000 and Storwize V7000 Unified advanced functions, e.g., Easy Tier, FlashCopy, Volume Mirroring, Migration, Real-time Compression
- Identify components and functions included in a standard software license, and what is optional or chargeable
- Compare and contrast the differences between block level functionality and file level functionality
- In a customer demonstration perform basic configuration tasks associated with the Storwize V7000 and Storwize V7000 Unified system, e.g., storage pool creation, volume creation and host access
IBM Storwize V7000 and Storwize V7000 Unified System Solutions (15%)
- Describe Storwize V7000 and Storwize V7000 Unified solution components provided by Tivoli Storage Productivity Center Select, Tivoli Storage FlashCopy Manager
- Determine the best Storwize V7000 and Storwize V7000 Unified system management solution to meet the customer requirements, e.g., Tivoli Storage Productivity Center Select, Systems Director, Storage Control, CLI and GUI
- Explain how copy services and replicaiton function of Tivoli Storage Productivity Center functions with the Storwize V7000 and Storiwze V7000 Unified for Business Resiliance, including Business Continuity, High Availability and Disaster Recovery
- Describe interoperability of Storwize V7000 and Storwize V7000 Unified with other storage applications, e.g., Tivoli Storage Manager FastBack, Tivoli Storage FlashCopy Manager
IBM Storwize V7000 and Storwize V7000 Unified Solution Design (35%)
- Create a Storwize V7000 and Storwize V7000 Unified system layout to meet customer requirements, e.g., Easy Tier, internal and external volume groups, I/O groups, consistency groups (Metro Mirror and Global Mirror) and upgrade path
- Determine best use of different drive types based on performance, RAID configuration, solution requirements, and size to meet customer requirements
- Identify networking protocols required to meet customer requirements, e.g., FCoE, iSCSI, FC, TCP/IP, CIFS, NFS, etc.
- Identify situations and applications where the use of Easy Tier would be beneficial
- Engage the appropriate IBM resource to confirm compatibility, and integration of the Storwize V7000 and Storwize V7000 Unified into the existing environment
- Know the process to get a bandwidth analysis performed, e.g., engage the appropriate IBM resource to conduct an expert level review of the configuration
- Identify and understand the tools used to size the customer solutions, e.g., Disk Magic, Capacity Magic, STAT tool, Comprestimator
- Describe the Storwize V7000 replication and migration considerations
- Demonstrate knowledge of Storwize V7000 and Storwize V7000 Unified replication requirements, e.g., preliminary knowledge of protocols involved, distances, applications, bandwidth, etc.
IBM Storwize V7000 and Storwize V7000 Unified Basic Implementation (5%)
- Gather basic installation requirements including number of IP connections, enclosure cabling, SAN infrastructure, space and power requirements
- Demonstrate knowledge of integration with other storage hardware and software products, e.g., zoning, protocol support, replication, application functionality, server virtualization and management applications
Take a minute to review our testing policies and guidelines, and registration process.
Take it Again 2013
Retake an exam for no additional cost with IBM Take It Again Vouchers.
Register for a Test
Register for an IBM Certification test at Prometric and take a step into your future.