Test 000-418: InfoSphere DataStage v8.0
1. DataStage v8 Configuration (5%)
- Describe how to properly configure DataStage V.8.0.
- Identify tasks required to create and configure a project to be used for V.8.0 jobs.
- Given a configuration file, identify its components and its overall intended purpose.
2. MetaData (5%)
- Demonstrate knowledge of Orchestrate schema.
- Identify the method of importing metadata.
- Given a scenario, demonstrate knowledge of runtime column propagation.
3. Persistent Storage (10%)
- Given a scenario, explain the process of importing/exporting data to/from framework (e.g., sequential file, external source/target).
- Given a scenario, describe proper use of a sequential file.
- Given a scenario, describe proper usage of CFF (native not plug-in).
- Describe proper usage of FileSets and DataSets.
- Describe use of FTP stage for remote data.
- Identify importing/exporting of XML data.
4. Parallel Architecture (10%)
- Given a scenario, demonstrate proper use of data partitioning and collecting.
- Given a scenario, demonstrate knowledge of parallel execution.
5. Databases (10%)
- Given a scenario, demonstrate proper selection of database stages and database specific stage properties.
- Identify source database options.
- Given a scenario, demonstrate knowledge of target database options.
- Given a scenario, describe how to design v.8.0 ETL job that will extract data from a DBMS, combine with data from another source and load to another DBMS target.
- Demonstrate knowledge of working with NLS database sources and targets.
6. Data Transformation (10%)
- Given a scenario, demonstrate knowledge of default type conversions, output mappings, and associated warnings.
- Given a scenario, demonstrate proper selections of Transformer stage vs. other stages.
- Given a scenario, describe Transformer stage capabilities (including: stage variables, link variables, DataStage macros, constraints, system variables, link ordering, @PART NUM, functions.
- Demonstrate the use of Transformer stage variables (e.g., to identify key grouping boundaries on incoming data).
- Identify process to add functionality not provided by existing DataStage stages. (e.g., wrapper, buildops, user def functions/routines).
- Given a scenario, demonstrate proper use of SCD stage
- Demonstrate job design knowledge of using RCP (modify, filter, dynamic transformer).
7. Job Components (10%)
- Demonstrate knowledge of Join, Lookup and Merge stages.
- Given a scenario, demonstrate knowledge of SORT stage.
- Given a scenario, demonstrate understanding of Aggregator stage.
- Describe proper usage of change capture/change apply.
- Demonstrate knowledge of Real-time components.
8. Job Design (10%)
- Demonstrate knowledge of shared containers.
- Given a scenario, describe how to minimize SORTS and repartitions.
- Demonstrate knowledge of creating restart points and methodologies.
- Given a scenario, demonstrate proper use of standards.
- Explain the process necessary to run multiple copies of the source (job multi-instance).
- Demonstrate knowledge of real-time vs. batch job design.
9. Monitoring and Troubleshooting (10%)
- Given a scenario, demonstrate knowledge of parallel job score.
- Given a scenario, identify and define environment variables that control DataStage v.8.0 with regard to added functionality and reporting.
- Given a process list (scenario), identify conductor, section leader, and player process.
- Given a scenario, identify areas that may improve performance (e.g., buffer size, repartitioning, config files, operator combination, etc.).
- Demonstrate knowledge of runtime metadata analysis and performance monitoring.
10. Job Management and Deployment (10%)
- Demonstrate knowledge of advanced find.
- Given a scenario, demonstrate knowledge and the purpose of impact analysis.
- Demonstrate knowledge and purpose of job compare.
- Given a scenario, articulate the change control process.
11. Job Control and Runtime Management (10%)
- Demonstrate knowledge of message handlers.
- Identify the use of dsjob command line utility.
- Given a scenario, demonstrate ability to use job sequencers (e.g., exception hunting, re-startable, dependencies, passing return value from routing, parameter passing and job status).
Take a minute to review our testing policies and guidelines, and registration process.
Take it Again 2013
Retake an exam for no additional cost with IBM Take It Again Vouchers.
Register for a Test
Register for an IBM Certification test at Prometric and take a step into your future.