The test consists of six sections containing a total of 51 multiple-choice questions. The percentages after each section title reflect the approximate distribution of the total question set across the sections.
Section 1 - Rule Design and Development (25%)
- Design and create rule projects.
- Design and implement an Execution Object Model (XOM) and Business Object Model (BOM).
- Construct ruleset parameters and variables.
- Organize rules and develop ruleflows.
- Author appropriate rule artifacts (e.g., action rules, decision tables, decision trees, templates).
- Update and refactor XOM and BOM.
Section 2 - Rule Validation (18%)
- Interpreting analysis of rule artifacts for consistency and completeness.
- Configure rule projects for Decision Validation Services (DVS) testing.
- Validate rule artifacts with DVS scenario testing and simulation.
- Perform troubleshooting and debug rule execution.
- Construct queries for searching.
- Create rule reports.
Section 3 - Rule Deployment and Governance (22%)
- Configure rule project security and role-based permissions.
- Implement rule governance and life-cycle customization.
- Use branching, merging and baselines.
- Synchronize rules (e.g., Rule Designer, Decision Center and Rule Solutions for Office (RSO), Source Code
- Control (SCC) ) .
- Create and deploy RuleApps using Rule Designer and Decision Center.
- Manage RuleApps in the Rule Execution Server (RES) console.
- Automate the build and deployment of RuleApps.
Section 4 - Rule Execution and Application Integration (12%)
- Identify appropriate rule execution approach based on application architecture.
- Implement rule execution code.
- Package rule applications (i.e., standalone Java SE, RES Java SE, RES Java EE).
- Configure the Decision Warehouse monitoring and filter options.
Section 5 - Rule Application Performance Tuning (10%)
- Select appropriate rule execution mode (e.g., algorithm, exit criteria).
- Tune Rule Execution Server (RES) performance.
- Tune Decision Center performance.
Section 6 - Customization of Business User Experience (14%)
- Construct rule authoring customizations (e.g., dynamic domains, value editors).
- Create custom DVS scenario providers.
- Implement DVS Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
- Perform customization of Decision Center GUI.
- Construct custom rule reports.
- Implement a rule model extension.