Test 000-272: IBM WebSphere Message Broker V8.0 Solution Development
The test consists of six sections containing a total of 52 multiple-choice questions. The percentages after each section title reflect the approximate distribution of the total question set across the sections.
Section 1 - Architecture and Connectivity (17%)
- Explain the architecture, components and supported operating environments of WebSphere Message Broker 8.0.
- Identify appropriate messaging patterns to be used for a given business scenario.
- Use supported transport protocols (e.g., MQ, SOAP, MQTT, SCA, HTTP).
- Demonstrate integration with Enterprise Information Systems (EIS) adapters and/or connectivity packs.
- Explain how to use WebSphere Service Registry and Repository (WSRR) to exploit governance principles.
Section 2 - Message Model Development (17%)
- Design message models based on different business requirements and industry message standards.
- Demonstrate understanding of different message domains.
- Create message definitions and/or import existing data models.
- Develop and test a Data Format Description Language (DFDL) model.
Section 3 - Message Flow Development (31%)
- Implement message flow using built in nodes and compute nodes.
- Implement message broker transaction functionality.
- Implement appropriate error/exception handling techniques.
- Perform message transformation.
- Apply web service standards in WebSphere Message Broker V8.0.
- Use the Record & Replay feature.
- Use built-in and user defined patterns to create message flows.
- Differentiate methods of subflow usage.
Section 4 - Packaging and Deployment (12%)
- Use Configurable Services.
- Demonstrate packaging and deployment of Projects, Applications and Libraries.
- Build and deploy BAR files using multiple methods.
- Use version and source control tools and technologies.
Section 5 - Troubleshooting and Problem Resolution (12%)
- Apply trace facilities.
- Use the logs produced by WebSphere Message Broker V8.0.
- Use the debugger and additional tools, and facilities to prevent and resolve runtime errors.
Section 6 - Installation, Configuration and Administration (12%)
- Install and configure WebSphere Message Broker V8.0.
- Plan and implement security.
- Perform basic administrative tasks (e.g., start and stop, deploy, enable/disable trace).
- Demonstrate knowledge of scalability for WebSphere Message Broker V8.0.
- Gather performance data and monitoring statistics for analysis.
Take a minute to review our testing policies and guidelines, and registration process.
Take it Again 2013
Retake an exam for no additional cost with IBM Take It Again Vouchers.
Register for a Test
Register for an IBM Certification test at Prometric and take a step into your future.