The test contains seven sections totalling 56 multiple-choice questions. The percentages after each section title reflect the approximate distribution of the total question set across the sections.
Section 1 - Model Structure and Hierarchy (19.5%)
- Work with constructs used to build Models.
- Identify where to define and attach properties and rules.
- Organize and reuse Model components.
- Set up and apply sub-model.
- Set up and apply dynamic instantiation.
- Associate product to the Model components.
Section 2 - Administration (11%)
- Work with import and export operations.
- Work with Compile and Test Operations
- Copy a Model Group, Model, Option Class Group, Option Item Group, Option Class, Option Item.
- Delete a Model Group, Model, Option Class Group, Option Item Group, Option Class, Option Item.
- Generate and analyze reports.
Section 3 - User Interface (UI) Components (19.5%)
- Identify the differences between various UI Controls.
- Differentiate between all Configurator UI Layout (i.e. Normal, Tabbed and Stepwise).
- Work with User Entered Values (UEVs).
- Use properties to control UI behavior.
- Use the Item property to display Images in the UI (from image server).
Section 4 - Properties, Rules and Constraint Tables (25%)
- Analyze when to use Constraint Table versus rules.
- Use List property in rules.
- Understand, define, and attach rules.
- Use Function Handler and understand all Out Of The Box (OOTB) Function Handlers.
- Use Expansion Handler and understand all OOTB Expansion Handlers.
- Work with properties.
- Work with Worksheets.
- Understand the concept of Property Pool and apply it in rules.
- Determine when and how to use formula versus rules.
Section 5 - Debugging and Troubleshooting (7%)
- Understand how to navigate the Rule Firing through the Trace Log.
- Determine when to clear cache.
- Understand how to read the Property Pool in the Debug Console.
- Use Bill Of Materials (BOM) to troubleshoot configuration outcome.
Section 6 - Applying Best Practices (11%)
- Identify when to use a sub-model.
- Identify when to use dynamic instantiation.
- Analyze and apply modeling techniques to optimize performance.
- Analyze and apply modeling techniques to optimize Model maintenance.
- Identify a strategy to promote a Model from Development to QA and Production environments.
Section 7 - Integration and Customization (7%)
- Understand Bill of Materials (BOM), shopping carts, and configurable item concepts
- Understand how and when to use Input and Output properties.
- Identify the need for a new custom Function Handler.
- Identify the need for a new custom Expansion Handler.