Test 000-183: IBM WebSphere Message Broker V7.0, Solution Development
The test consists of six sections containing a total of 58 multiple-choice questions. The percentages after each section title reflect the approximate distribution of the total question set across the sections.
Section 1 - Architecture, Connectivity and Integration (17%)
- Explain the concept and the principal functionality of an Enterprise Service Bus.
- Use appropriate transport protocols such as MQ, JMS, HTTP, HTTPS, SOAP for specific scenarios.
- Select appropriate messaging patterns for business scenarios such as pub/sub, request/response, synchronous/asynchronous.
- Implement, configure and use the EIS Adapters.
- Use the components of web services and industry standards such as WSDL, SOAP, WS-Security.
Section 2 - Message Modeling (13%)
- Identify the appropriate message domain for a message modeling scenario.
- Create message models and related assets based on various business requirements and industry message standards.
- Import/export assets to/from message sets.
Section 3 - Message Flow Development (33%)
- Demonstrate the use of built-in patterns.
- Implement message flows using built-in processing nodes.
- Perform message transformations using the various provided technologies.
- Build custom error handlers to extend message broker's default behavior.
- Apply web service standards and technologies in WebSphere Message Broker.
- Understand and use the message assembly in message flows.
- Handle message sequencing and affinity requirements in message flow design.
- Configure and use transactionality for message flows.
- Explain use of and need for Impact Analysis provided by the Message Broker Toolkit.
Section 4 - Packaging and Deployment (10%)
- Configure and deploy BAR files based on different technical and/or business requirements.
- Use version and source control tools and technologies.
- Create configurable services.
Section 5 - Testing, Debugging and Troubleshooting (17%)
- Use the Integrated Test Client.
- Demonstrate debugging techniques using the debugger.
- Use trace facilities such as trace nodes and user trace.
- Understand where to find and how to interpret error logs.
- Apply the built-in version comparison and rollback capabilities of the Message Broker Toolkit.
Section 6 - Operational Considerations (10%)
- Optimize message flow throughput and response times.
- Configure a flow to emit monitoring events.
- Demonstrate statistics gathering and performance monitoring.
- Build and configure a unit test environment for a developer workstation.
- Explain how to install a user defined node.
- How does your salary compare to national averages? Help Global Knowledge and IBM discover the answers by participating in 2015 IT Skills and Salary Survey.
Before taking your test, please review our testing policies and guidelines, and registration process.
Register for a Test
Register for an IBM Certification test at Pearson VUE and take a step into your future. Take a minute to review how to Create Pearson VUE account associated with IBM and Selecting Tests on the Pearson VUE Website.