Section 1 - Gathering Requirements
- Understand market environment for System x family and other x86 servers
- Describe System x family (i.e. - high volume servers, high performance servers, and BladeCenter)
- Describe at a very high level commonly occurring related products (i.e. - PureFlex, Networking, and Storage)
- Relate customer requirements to System x family characteristics and the related competitive advantages.
- Compare the System x Server family including the latest announced IBM x86 servers to competitors, previous System x servers and communicate the business value to customers
- Describe total cost of ownership including total cost of acquisition, energy efficiency, power and cooling, backward and forward compatibility, and systems management.
- Describe virtualization and cloud computing
- Describe at a high level IBM Smarter Computing
Section 2 - Propose Solution
- High level description of typical path from existing to proposed servers
- Select and use basic presales tools (i.e. - xRef, Competitive Sales Tool, Quick Solution Tool, Configuration and Options Guide (COG), configurators, SSCT, Blue Horizon and ServerProven)
- Describe at a high level advanced presales tools (i.e. - ATS Server Consolidation Study, Alinean tool, Power Calculator, Interoperability Guide, x-config).
- Select and use appropriate support structure (i.e. - Techline, Competeline, ATS, FTSS, Business Partner support, and Distributor support)
- Describe at a high level other support available (i.e. - BPICs, Centers of Excellence, Loaner Pool, Briefing Centers)
- Discuss the total solution (i.e. - software, storage, tape, rack and rack options, switches, services, training, networking, SAN, and other options).