To prepare for Test 000-669, it is first recommended that you are familiar with the job role description and the parameters this certification is based on, as well as have knowledge of the topics outlined in the test objectives/skills measured on the test. Compare your own technical level to the test objectives and the recommended training resources, and then determine for yourself how much preparation you require. Note that these educational sources are recommended, but not required (*) before taking a certification test.
Before preparing for the certification test, it is recommended that you measure your current level of skill by taking the Assessment Test (located from the Sample/Assessment test link above). After you have completed your test preparation/training, you can assess your improved level of skill and readiness for the certification test, by re-taking the Assessment Test.
You can prepare for the test through the Tutor Approach (classroom, instructor led course, and other sources) or the Self-Study Approach. Sources within each approach collectively cover the skills measured on the test.
To prepare via the Tutor Approach, take course [(WS007 or VS007 or ZS007) + VW003], and refer to the sources with an * in front of them.
To prepare via the Self-Study Approach, omit the courses, and refer to all other sources with and without the * in front.
- The recommended educational resources listed are not intended to be a substitute for, but should complement, relevant practical experience.
- Extensive product knowledge is required to pass the test.
- Every effort has been made to make the recommended educational resources as complete and as accurate as possible, but no warranty of fitness is implied. The resources provided are on an as is basis. IBM shall have neither liability nor responsibility to any person or entity with respect to any loss or damages arising from course or publication content.
Getting Started with SOA
Course duration: 2.0 days
Course number: WS007
Alternative Option - Instructor-Led Online Course: VS007: Getting Started with SOA
Abstract: Please also see alternative option ZS007 (listed under "Online Courses")
This course offers an introduction to service-oriented architecture (SOA), and describes the essential concepts of SOA that affect a broad technical audience.
For Test 000-667:
- this course fully covers test objectives 1E, 2E, 3I, 4G, 4H, 5D
- this course partially covers test objectives 2D, 3A, 4A
For Test 000-669:
- this course fully covers test objectives 1A, 1B, 1D, 2A, 2C, 2E, 2F, 3A, 3B, 3C, 3E, 3F, 4F, 5B
- this course partially covers test objectives 1C, 1F, 2D, 2H, 3D, 4B, 5A, 5C, 5D, 5G
Introducing the Value and Governance Model of Service-Oriented Architecture
Course duration: Self-paced (Virtual class)
Course number: VW003
The course is self-directed and self-paced, and divided into modules so you can select and customize the course to your educational requirements.
This course is the first of a suite of service-oriented architecture (SOA) Web-based training (WBT) courses aimed at enabling IT Architects to participate in and evaluate SOA engagements. It provides an introduction to the IBM vision of SOA but does not promote or teach using specific IBM products.
For Test 000-669:
- this course fully covers test objectives: 2B, 4A
- this course partially covers test objectives: 1C, 2H, 4B, 5A, 5C, 5D, 5E, 5F, 5G, 5H
Getting Started with SOA (Self-Paced)
Course duration: 2.5 days
Course number: ZS007
Abstract: Please see alternative options WS007 or VS007.
Publication number: REDP-4233-00
Publication number: REDP-4354-00
Publication number: SG24-7310-01
Publication number: SG24-7386-00
Publication number: SG24-7538-00