Test 669: SOA Fundamentals 
To prepare for Test 000-669, it is first recommended that you are familiar with the job role description and the parameters this certification is based on, as well as have knowledge of the topics outlined in the test objectives/skills measured on the test. Compare your own technical level to the test objectives and the recommended training resources, and then determine for yourself how much preparation you require. Note that these educational sources are recommended, but not required (*) before taking a certification test.
Before preparing for the certification test, it is recommended that you measure your current level of skill by taking the Assessment Test (located from the Sample/Assessment test link above). After you have completed your test preparation/training, you can assess your improved level of skill and readiness for the certification test, by re-taking the Assessment Test.
You can prepare for the test through the Tutor Approach (classroom, instructor led course, and other sources) or the Self-Study Approach. Sources within each approach collectively cover the skills measured on the test.
To prepare via the Tutor Approach, take course [(WS007 or ZS007) + VW003], and refer to the sources with an * in front of them.
To prepare via the Self-Study Approach, omit the courses, and refer to all other sources with and without the * in front.
- The recommended educational resources listed are not intended to be a substitute for, but should complement, relevant practical experience.
- Extensive product knowledge is required to pass the test.
- Every effort has been made to make the recommended educational resources as complete and as accurate as possible, but no warranty of fitness is implied. The resources provided are on an as is basis. IBM shall have neither liability nor responsibility to any person or entity with respect to any loss or damages arising from course or publication content.
Getting Started with SOA
Course duration: 2.0 days
Course number: WS007
Abstract: Please also see alternative option ZS007 (listed under "Online Courses")
This course offers an introduction to service-oriented architecture (SOA), and describes the essential concepts of SOA that affect a broad technical audience.
For Test 000-667:
- this course fully covers test objectives 1E, 2E, 3I, 4G, 4H, 5D
- this course partially covers test objectives 2D, 3A, 4A
For Test 000-669:
- this course fully covers test objectives 1A, 1B, 1D, 2A, 2C, 2E, 2F, 3A, 3B, 3C, 3E, 3F, 4F, 5B
- this course partially covers test objectives 1C, 1F, 2D, 2H, 3D, 4B, 5A, 5C, 5D, 5G
Course duration: Self-paced (Virtual class)
Course number: VW003
The course is self-directed and self-paced, and divided into modules so you can select and customize the course to your educational requirements.
This course is the first of a suite of service-oriented architecture (SOA) Web-based training (WBT) courses aimed at enabling IT Architects to participate in and evaluate SOA engagements. It provides an introduction to the IBM vision of SOA but does not promote or teach using specific IBM products.
For Test 000-669:
- this course fully covers test objectives: 2B, 4A
- this course partially covers test objectives: 1C, 2H, 4B, 5A, 5C, 5D, 5E, 5F, 5G, 5H
Getting Started with SOA (Self-Paced)
Course duration: 2.5 days
Course number: ZS007
Abstract: Please see alternative option WS007..
Publication number: REDP-4233-00
Publication number: REDP-4354-00
Publication number: SG24-7310-01
Publication number: SG24-7386-00
Publication number: SG24-7538-00
- *SOA programming model for implementing Web services, Part 1: Introduction to the IBM SOA programming model
- Architecture in practice, Part 6: Why business process management (BPM) is important to an enterprise
- Innovate and optimize business operations with business process management (BPM), Part 1: Business process management enabled by SOA
- *Comment lines: Alexandre Polozoff: How well does traditional performance testing apply to SOA solutions?
- Model and simulate business processes, Part 1: Modeling metrics and KPIs in WebSphere Business Modeler
- Service-oriented agility: Methods for successful Service-Oriented Architecture (SOA) development, Part 1: Basics of SOA and agile methods
- Exploring the Enterprise Service Bus, Part 1: Discover how an ESB can help you meet the requirements for your SOA solution
- Information management in Service-Oriented Architecture, Part 2: Explore the different approaches to information management in SOA
- Service-Oriented Architecture and Web Services: The Road to Enterprise Application Integration (EAI)
- Service-Oriented Architecture and Web Services: Concepts, Technologies, and Tools (Sections: Terms and Concepts & Emerging Standards: WS-BPEL)
Take a minute to review our testing policies and guidelines, and registration process.
Take it Again 2013
Retake an exam for no additional cost with IBM Take It Again Vouchers.
Register for a Test
Register for an IBM Certification test at Prometric and take a step into your future.