Test 000-400: IBM WebSphere Operational Decision Management V8.0 Application Development
To prepare for Test 000-400, it is first recommended that you are familiar with the job role description and the parameters this certification is based on, as well as have knowledge of the topics outlined in the test objectives/skills measured on the test. Compare your own technical level to the test objectives and the recommended training resources, and then determine for yourself how much preparation you require. Note that these educational sources are recommended, but not required (*) before taking a certification test.
You can prepare for the test through the Tutor Approach (classroom, instructor led course) or the Self-Study Approach. Sources within each approach collectively cover the skills measured on the test.
To prepare via the Tutor Approach, take course [WB381 or ZB381] and refer to the sources with an * in front of them. Note that per this formula, you are only required to take 1 course.
To prepare via the Self-Study Approach, omit the course, and refer to all other sources with and without the * in front.
- The recommended educational resources listed are not intended to be a substitute for, but should complement, relevant practical experience.
- Extensive product knowledge is required to pass the test.
- Every effort has been made to make the recommended educational resources as complete and as accurate as possible, but no warranty of fitness is implied. The resources provided are on an as is basis. IBM shall have neither liability nor responsibility to any person or entity with respect to any loss or damages arising from course or publication content.
Course duration: 5.0 days
Course number: WB381
Abstract: Please also see alternative option ZB381 (listed under "Online course").
This 5-day instructor-led course introduces developers to IBM WebSphere Operational Decision Management V8. In this course, you learn the concepts and skills that you need to design, develop, and integrate a business rule solution with WebSphere Operational Decision Management.
The course begins with an overview of Operational Decision Management, which is composed of two main environments: IBM WebSphere Decision Server for technical users, and IBM WebSphere Decision Center for business users. The course outlines the collaboration between development and business teams during project development. Through instructor-led presentations and hands-on lab exercises, you learn about the core features of IBM WebSphere Decision Server, which is the primary working environment for developers. You design a business rule application, and work with the object models that are required to author and execute rule artifacts. You also get experience with rule execution and the rule engine API so that you can integrate rule artifacts for execution within an enterprise environment.
In addition, you become familiar with rule authoring so that you can support business users to set up and customize the authoring, validation, and management environments. You learn how to identify governance issues and use Operational Decision Management features to support decision governance.
The lab environment for this course uses the Windows XP platform.
For information about other related WebSphere courses, visit the WebSphere Education Training Paths website: ibm.com/software/websphere/education/paths/ Note:
For Test 000-400:
- this course (incl. student notebook and student exercises) fully covers test objectives 1C, 1F, 3A, 3C, 3D, 3E, 3F, 3G, 4A, 4C, 4D, 5A, 6F
- this course (incl. student notebook and student exercises) partially covers test objectives 1B, 1E, 2B, 2C, 2D, 3B, 3G, 4B, 5B, 5C
- this course (incl. student notebook and student exercises) does not cover test objectives 2A, 6A, 6B, 6C, 6D, 6E
Course duration: 5.0 Days
Course number: ZB381
Abstract: Please also see alternative options WB381.
Take a minute to review our testing policies and guidelines, and registration process.
Take it Again 2013
Retake an exam for no additional cost with IBM Take It Again Vouchers.
Register for a Test
Register for an IBM Certification test at Prometric and take a step into your future.