Test 000-274: IBM WebSphere DataPower SOA Appliances Firmware V5.0 Solution Implementation
To prepare for Test 000-274, it is first recommended that you are familiar with the job role description and the parameters this certification is based on, as well as have knowledge of the topics outlined in the test objectives/skills measured on the test. Compare your own technical level to the test objectives and the recommended training resources, and then determine for yourself how much preparation you require. Note that these educational sources are recommended, but not required (*) before taking a certification test.
Before preparing for the certification test, it is recommended that you measure your current level of skill by taking the Sample Test (located from the "Sample/Assessment test" link above)..
You can prepare for the test through the Tutor Approach (classroom, instructor led course) or the Self-Study Approach. Sources within each approach collectively cover the skills measured on the test.
To prepare via the Tutor Approach, take course [ (VW406) + (WE401 ) + (WE410 ) + (WE421 ) ] and refer to the sources with an * in front of them. Note that per this formula, you are required to take 4 courses.
To prepare via the Self-Study Approach, omit the courses, and refer to all other sources with and without the * in front. In general, sub-links are not required unless specified.
- The recommended educational resources listed are not intended to be a substitute for, but should complement, relevant practical experience.
- Extensive product knowledge is required to pass the test.
- Every effort has been made to make the recommended educational resources as complete and as accurate as possible, but no warranty of fitness is implied. The resources provided are on an as is basis. IBM shall have neither liability nor responsibility to any person or entity with respect to any loss or damages arising from course or publication content.
Course duration: 5 Days
Course number: WE401
Alternative Option - Instructor-Led Online Course: Accelerate, Secure and Integrate with WebSphere DataPower SOA Appliances V5
In this 5-day, instructor-led course, you learn the fundamental skills that are required to implement IBM WebSphere DataPower SOA Appliances with firmware version 5.0
The IBM WebSphere DataPower SOA Appliances allow an enterprise to simplify, accelerate, and enhance the security capabilities of its Extensible Markup Language (XML) and web services deployments, and extend the capabilities of its service-oriented architecture (SOA) infrastructure.
Through a combination of instructor-led lectures and hands-on lab exercises, you learn how to implement the key use cases for the DataPower appliances. These include XML acceleration and threat protection, web service virtualization, web services security, integrating with IBM WebSphere MQ and WebSphere Java Message Service (JMS), and authentication, authorization, and auditing (AAA). You also learn how to use various problem determination tools such as logs, monitors, and probes, as well as techniques for testing DataPower services and handling errors.
Hands-on exercises give you experience working directly with an IBM WebSphere DataPower SOA Appliance. The exercises focus on skills such as creating XML firewalls, working with encryption and cryptographic objects, configuring service level monitoring, troubleshooting services, and handling errors.
- this course (incl. student notebook and student exercises) fully covers test objectives 1B, 1E, 1F, 1H, 1I, 2C, 2E, 3B, 3J, 4E, 4F, 4G, 4H, 4I, 5B, 5I, 6A, 7F, 7J
- this course (incl. student notebook and student exercises) partially covers test objectives 4A, 4B, 4C, 4D, 5D
- this course (incl. student notebook and student exercises) does not cover test objectives 1A, 1C, 1D, 1G, 2A, 2B, 2D, 2F, 3A, 3C, 3D, 3E, 3F, 3G, 3H, 3I, 5A, 5C, 5E, 5F, 5G, 5H, 5J, 5K, 6B, 6C, 6E, 7A, 7B, 7C, 7D, 7E, 7G, 7H, 7I
Course duration: 3 Days
Course number: WE410
Alternative Option - Instructor-Led Online Course: Advanced Configuration and Integration of DataPower SOA Appliances V4.0 (Remote)
This 3-day instructor-led course teaches you how to create advanced and highly customized deployments of IBM WebSphere DataPower SOA Appliances with firmware version 4.0.1.
In this course, you learn how to perform advanced configuration of DataPower appliances, including how to use various security architectures to enforce access control, and how to use a service registry to govern services. The course also covers how to integrate the DataPower appliance with external systems, such as File Transfer Protocol (FTP) servers, databases, and WebSphere Transformation Extender. You learn methods for implementing these features in a development environment, and you learn how to support source control management and environment migration. In addition, you learn about the available DataPower extension functions and how to take advantage of them using custom XSL transformations (XSLT).
In the hands-on lab exercises, you build your DataPower configuration skills by working directly with a DataPower appliance. The exercises cover skills such as communicating with FTP servers by using DataPower appliances, creating and consuming web services attachments, performing advanced troubleshooting, and automating DataPower migration tasks.
- this course (incl. student notebook and student exercises) fully covers test objectives 1G, 2D, 3C, 5F, 5G, 6B, 6C 7F
- this course (incl. student notebook and student exercises) partially covers test objectives 4D, 5A, 5E
- this course (incl. student notebook and student exercises) does not cover test objectives 1A, 1B, 1C, 1D, 1E, 1F, 1H, 1I, 2A, 2B, 2C, 2E, 2F, 3A, 3B, 3D, 3E, 3F, 3G, 3H, 3I, 3J, 4A, 4B, 4C, 4E, 4F, 4G, 4H, 4I, 5B, 5C, 5D, 5H, 5I, 5J, 5K, 6A, 6E, 7A, 7B, 7C, 7D, 7E, 7G, 7H, 7I, 7J
Course duration: 3 Days
Course number: WE421
Alternative Option - Instructor-Led Online Course: Administration of IBM WebSphere DataPower SOA Appliances V5 (Remote Classroom)
In this 3-day instructor-led course, you learn how to perform system administration tasks for the IBM WebSphere DataPower SOA Appliances.
The IBM WebSphere DataPower SOA Appliances allow users to simplify, accelerate, and enhance the security capabilities of Extensible Markup Language (XML) and web services deployments, and extend the capabilities of a service-oriented architecture (SOA) infrastructure.
Through a combination of instructor-led lectures and hands-on lab exercises, you learn how to perform various administrative procedures, from initial installation and setup through ongoing maintenance of the appliances in production. You learn about the available management interfaces, such as the command-line interface (CLI), Web GUI, and XML Management Interface. You also learn how to use these interfaces to perform various administrative tasks, such as upgrading firmware, performing backup and restore operations, monitoring system performance, configuring user accounts and domains, and much more.
This course applies to all appliances in the family of WebSphere DataPower SOA Appliances, including:
WebSphere DataPower XML Security Gateway XG45
WebSphere DataPower Integration Appliance XI50/XI52
WebSphere DataPower Integration Blade XI50B/XI52B
WebSphere DataPower Integration Blade XI50z/XI52z
WebSphere DataPower B2B Appliance XB62
The lab environment for this course uses the Linux platform in an ESX image.
- this course (incl. student notebook and student exercises) fully covers test objectives 1A, 2B, 2C, 3A, 3E, 3F, 3G, 3I, 5K, 7A, 7E, 7G, 7H, 7J
- this course (incl. student notebook and student exercises) partially covers test objectives 4B
- this course (incl. student notebook and student exercises) does not cover test objectives 1B, 1C, 1D, 1E, 1F, 1G, 1H, 1I, 2A, 2D, 2E, 2F, 3B, 3C, 3D, 3H, 3J, 4A, 4C, 4D, 4E, 4F, 4G, 4H, 4I, 5A, 5B, 5C, 5D, 5E, 5F, 5G, 5H, 5I, 5J, 6A, 6B, 6C, 6E, 7B, 7C, 7D, 7F, 7I
Technical Introduction to WebSphere DataPower V5 (WBT)
Course duration: 0.3 Days
Course number: VW406
Abstract: NOTE: THIS IS AN ONLINE WEB-BASED COURSE. DO NOT MAKE TRAVEL ARRANGEMENTS FOR THIS COURSE.
Web-based (WBT) courses allow you to learn on your own schedule. You can stop and start the class as needed during the 60-day access period.
This self-paced web-based course provides a technical introduction to the IBM WebSphere DataPower SOA Appliance family at the Version 5 firmware level.
In this course, you learn the details of the core members of the DataPower family. You examine a sample message flow that illustrates some of the basic functions and uses of an appliance, and explore several typical use cases in which the appliances are used. The course also briefly outlines other products that have a DataPower family relationship.
Publication number: REDP-4445-00
Publication number: REDP-4446-00
Publication number: SG24-7620-00
Publication number: SG24-7901-00
Publication number: SG24-7943-00
- Managing WebSphere DataPower Device configurations for high availability, consistency, and control, Part 1: Application promotion strategies
- Managing WebSphere DataPower Device configurations for high availability, consistency, and control, Part 2: Application promotion strategies
- Enforcing SOA message security policy with WebSphere Service Registry and Repository and WebSphere DataPower
IBM DataPower Web Page (support, tecnotes, doc)
- * Webcast replay: Enabling WebSphere MQ Traffic with WebSphere DataPower - Use Case Scenarios, p22-24
IBM i 7.1 Information Center
IBM Tivoli Risk Manager
IBM WebSphere DataPower SOA Appliance Handbook
IBM WebSphere DataPower V5.0 Information Center
SOAP Messages with Attachments, W3C Note
SSL Specification RFC 5426
The Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) Protocol V3.0
Web Services Security Standards-OASIS
WebSphere Appliance Management Center V5 Information Center
Take a minute to review our testing policies and guidelines, and registration process.
Take it Again 2013
Retake an exam for no additional cost with IBM Take It Again Vouchers.
Register for a Test
Register for an IBM Certification test at Prometric and take a step into your future.