Test 000-270: IBM Business Process Manager Advanced V7.5, Integration Development
To prepare for Test 000-270, it is first recommended that you are familiar with the job role description and the parameters this certification is based on, as well as have knowledge of the topics outlined in the test objectives/skills measured on the test. Compare your own technical level to the test objectives and the recommended training resources, and then determine for yourself how much preparation you require. Note that these educational sources are recommended, but not required (*) before taking a certification test.
You can prepare for the test through the Tutor Approach (classroom, instructor led course) or the Self-Study Approach. Sources within each approach collectively cover the skills measured on the test.
To prepare via the Tutor Approach, take course [WB751 or ZB751] and refer to the sources with an * in front of them. Note that per this formula, you are only required to take 1 course.
To prepare via the Self-Study Approach, omit the course, and refer to all other sources with and without the * in front.
- The recommended educational resources listed are not intended to be a substitute for, but should complement, relevant practical experience.
- Extensive product knowledge is required to pass the test.
- Every effort has been made to make the recommended educational resources as complete and as accurate as possible, but no warranty of fitness is implied. The resources provided are on an as is basis. IBM shall have neither liability nor responsibility to any person or entity with respect to any loss or damages arising from course or publication content.
Course duration: 5 days
Course number: WB751
Abstract: Please also see alternative option ZB751 (listed under "Online Courses").
This 5-day instructor-led course teaches students how to build and deploy process integration solutions by using the tools in IBM Business Process Management Advanced V7.5, including IBM Process Server, IBM Integration Designer, IBM Process Designer, IBM Process Center, and WebSphere Enterprise Service Bus.
IBM Process Server and WebSphere Enterprise Service Bus support a service-oriented architecture (SOA) by providing the ideal platform for integrating business applications using diverse technologies. IBM Process Center provides a scalable central repository and control center for organizing and managing all process artifacts, applications, and services that are created. IBM Process Server is a high-performance business process engine that orchestrates services within an SOA, and WebSphere Enterprise Service Bus enables interaction between applications and services by using standards-based connectivity.
Through instructor-led presentations and hands-on lab exercises, students learn the concepts, architecture, components, processes, and procedures required to develop and implement an integrated business solution using a diverse set of WebSphere and IBM products. The course teaches students how WebSphere adapters supply connectivity to back-end enterprise information systems (EIS), and how IBM Process Server enables business integration applications to define business logic and processes based on Web Services - Business Process Execution Language (WS-BPEL), human tasks, and business rules. Students also learn how IBM Process Server uses the Common Event Infrastructure (CEI) to centralize the runtime monitoring of various events that occur in business integration solutions and applications. In addition, this course covers how WebSphere Enterprise Service Bus provides mediation services for integration applications.
In the intensive hands-on lab exercises, students design, develop, and test a comprehensive business integration solution. Students use a standards-based process design tool - IBM Process Designer - as part of the authoring environment to rapidly compose a process design. The IBM Integration Designer tool is then used to create business integration solutions using the Service Component Architecture (SCA) programming model, the Service Data Object (SDO) data model, and the mediation flow programming model.
Students then manage their processes in IBM Process Center and deploy the integration application to IBM Process Server. Students also learn how to test and debug the application.
- this course (incl. student notebook and student exercises) fully covers test objectives 1A, 1B, 2C, 3B, 3E, 4A, 6B, 6G
- this course (incl. student notebook and student exercises) partially covers test objectives 1C, 1E, 1F, 2A, 2F, 2H, 2I, 3C, 3D, 3F, 4B, 4C, 4D, 4E, 4G, 5A, 5D, 6A, 6D, 6E, 6F, 7B
- this course (incl. student notebook and student exercises) does not cover test objectives 1D, 1G, 2B, 2D, 2E, 2G. 3A, 3G, 3H, 4F, 5B, 5C,6C, 7A, 7C
Course duration: 5 days
Course number: ZB751
Abstract: Please also see alternative option WB751.
Publication number: REDP-4784-00
- "Using Quality of Service qualifiers in WebSphere Integration Developer V7, Part 1: Managing transactions and security in your business application"
- * "Solution design in WebSphere Process Server and WebSphere ESB, Part 3: Process implementation types: Patterns -- Section: Page flow - the special case"
- * "IBM WebSphere Developer Technical Journal : A guided tour of WebSphere Integration Developer -- Part 8 "
- * "IBM WebSphere Developer Technical Journal : A guided tour of WebSphere Integration Developer -- Part 8: Dynamically invoking a component using selectors"
- * "Business spaces for human-centric BPM, Part 3: Interacting with federated processes and human tasks"
- * "XML mapping in WebSphere Integration Developer V7, Part 1: Using the Mapping Editor to develop maps"
- * "Developing and deploying a proxy gateway using WebSphere ESB V7, WebSphere Integration Developer V7, and Business Space powered by WebSphere"
- "Implementing tracing, logging, and error handling in mediation modules using WebSphere Integration Developer and WebSphere ESB V7, Part 1"
Info Center for IBM Integration Designer V7.5
Info Center for IBM WebSphere Business Process Manager Advanced V7.5
Info Center for WebSphere Enterprise Service Bus 7.5
Other self-study resources
- * "By-reference sharing of Java binaries, XML schemas, and interface definitions in WebSphere Process Server (using Shared Libraries) "
Take a minute to review our testing policies and guidelines, and registration process.
Take it Again 2013
Retake an exam for no additional cost with IBM Take It Again Vouchers.
Register for a Test
Register for an IBM Certification test at Prometric and take a step into your future.