Test 000-173: IBM BPM Blueprint; IBM WebSphere Lombardi Edition V7.1, Application Development
Note: This test will be withdrawn on Aug 31 2013.
The replacement test is: (000-178) IBM WebSphere Lombardi Edition V7.2, BPM Development
To prepare for Test 000-173, it is first recommended that you are familiar with the job role description and the parameters this certification is based on, as well as have knowledge of the topics outlined in the test objectives/skills measured on the test. Compare your own technical level to the test objectives and the recommended training resources, and then determine for yourself how much preparation you require. Note that these educational sources are recommended, but not required (*) before taking a certification test.
You can prepare for the test through the Tutor Approach (classroom, instructor led course). To do so, take course [ (WB008 or VB008 or ZB008) + ZB029] . Note that per this formula, you are only required to take 1 course.
- The recommended educational resources listed are not intended to be a substitute for, but should complement, relevant practical experience.
- Extensive product knowledge is required to pass the test.
- Every effort has been made to make the recommended educational resources as complete and as accurate as possible, but no warranty of fitness is implied. The resources provided are on an as is basis. IBM shall have neither liability nor responsibility to any person or entity with respect to any loss or damages arising from course or publication content.
Course duration: 3.0 days
Course number: WB008
Alternative Option - Instructor-Led Online Course: VB008: IBM WebSphere Lombardi Edition V7.1 Advanced Implementation (Remote Classroom)
Abstract: Please also see alternative option ZB008 (listed under "Online course").
This 3-day, instructor-led course teaches advanced skills and proven best practice methods for architecting, designing, and building a complex process solution. You learn how to:
- Balance requirements for functionality, usability, performance, and maintainability while integrating disparate systems and data sources
- Build processes that incorporate rich user interactivity without sacrificing user response time
- Extend process visibility beyond direct process participants by including dashboards that expose real-time productivity and historical performance trends to line managers and executives
- Perform manipulations and updates to in-flight task and instance data when building process applications that have sophisticated runtime interdependencies
This is a very interactive course, where you work in teams to perform lab exercises.
For Test 000-173: All test objectives are covered in full by this course.
For Test 000-178: This course (incl. student notebook and student exercises) partially covers test objectives 1A, 1B, 2B, 2D, 2E, 2H, 3A, 3B, 3C, 3D, 4C, 4D, 6A, 6D
Course duration: varies
Course number: ZB008
Abstract: Please see alternative options WB008 or VB008.
Course duration: 0.6 days
Course number: ZB029
In this introductory self-paced course, you learn how to do process discovery, create process models, and capture process documentation with IBM Blueworks Live. Blueworks Live provides simple-to-understand product features that facilitate collaborative process discovery and modeling.
This course is designed for novice Blueworks Live business users, and it focuses on two main topics. First, you learn the core modeling skills and methods that improve the speed and quality of defining processes with BPMN. Second, you learn the core product skills and methods that are needed to model processes with IBM Blueworks Live.
The lab exercises are designed to reinforce the concepts that you learn throughout the course, and allow you to practice the use of Blueworks Live. The exercises cover skills such as capturing process details in a Blueworks Live discovery map, conducting playbacks, and creating a process diagram.
Take a minute to review our testing policies and guidelines, and registration process.
Take it Again 2013
Retake an exam for no additional cost with IBM Take It Again Vouchers.
Register for a Test
Register for an IBM Certification test at Prometric and take a step into your future.