Test 000-171: IBM BPM Blueprint: IBM WebSphere Lombardi Edition V7.1, Development
Note: This test will be withdrawn on Aug 31 2013.
The replacement test is: (000-175) IBM WebSphere Lombardi Edition V7.2 Development (Entry)
To prepare for Test 000-171, it is first recommended that you are familiar with the job role description and the parameters this certification is based on, as well as have knowledge of the topics outlined in the test objectives/skills measured on the test. Compare your own technical level to the test objectives and the recommended training resources, and then determine for yourself how much preparation you require. Note that these educational sources are recommended, but not required (*) before taking a certification test.
You can prepare for the test through the Tutor Approach (classroom, instructor led course). To do so, take course [ (WB003 or VB003 or ZB003) + ZB029].. Note that per this formula, you are only required to take 1 course.
- The recommended educational resources listed are not intended to be a substitute for, but should complement, relevant practical experience.
- Extensive product knowledge is required to pass the test.
- Every effort has been made to make the recommended educational resources as complete and as accurate as possible, but no warranty of fitness is implied. The resources provided are on an as is basis. IBM shall have neither liability nor responsibility to any person or entity with respect to any loss or damages arising from course or publication content.
Course duration: 5.0 days
Course number: WB003
Alternative Option - Instructor-Led Online Course: VB003: IBM WebSphere Lombardi Edition V7.1 Process Modeling and Implementation (Remote Classroom)
Abstract: Please also see alternative option ZB003 (listed under "Online course").
This 5-day, instructor-led course teaches core modeling skills, best practice methods that improve the speed and quality of process definition and implementation efforts, core product skills, and best practice methods required to design and implement a process application using IBM WebSphere Lombardi Edition ("Lombardi Edition"). Students learn how to:
- Capture high-level business activities and create a common view of process goals, problems, and opportunities
- Build shared process models that can be both understood by key business stakeholders and implemented by developers without rework
- Maximize team efficiency by enabling all team members to express and interpret business requirements consistently using standard process model elements and notation
- Deliver business value more quickly through collaborative development techniques and efficient reuse of data and functionality from existing systems
- Control the flow of process execution, decision making, and exception management across multiple organizational roles and systems or applications
- Tailor user screens for each process activity to enable users to interact with multiple internal or external systems through a single interface
- Build an executable process model that communicates enough implementation detail for direct execution while retaining clarity required for maintainability and business stakeholder communication
This course utilizes a collaborative learning environment, with hands-on demonstrations, exercises to reinforce concepts and check understanding, and labs embedded in each of the course units.
This is a very interactive course, where students work in teams to perform lab exercises. Students should have a high fidelity stereo PC headset with a noise cancelling microphone.
For Test 000-175:
- this course (incl. student notebook and student exercises) fully covers test objectives 1A, 1B, 1D, 1F, 1G, 1I, 1J, 1L, 2A, 2C, 2D, 2E, 2F, 2G, 3A, 3B, 4C, 4F, 4G
- This course (incl. student notebook and student exercises) partially covers test objectives 1C, 1E, 1K, 1O, 1Q, 2B, 4A, 4B, 4D, 4E, 4H
Course duration: varies
Course number: ZB003
Abstract: Please see alternative options WB003 or VB003.
Course duration: 0.6 days
Course number: ZB029
In this introductory self-paced course, you learn how to do process discovery, create process models, and capture process documentation with IBM Blueworks Live. Blueworks Live provides simple-to-understand product features that facilitate collaborative process discovery and modeling.
This course is designed for novice Blueworks Live business users, and it focuses on two main topics. First, you learn the core modeling skills and methods that improve the speed and quality of defining processes with BPMN. Second, you learn the core product skills and methods that are needed to model processes with IBM Blueworks Live.
The lab exercises are designed to reinforce the concepts that you learn throughout the course, and allow you to practice the use of Blueworks Live. The exercises cover skills such as capturing process details in a Blueworks Live discovery map, conducting playbacks, and creating a process diagram.