Note: This test will be withdrawn on Aug 31 2013.
To prepare for Test 000-169, it is first recommended that you are familiar with the job role description and the parameters this certification is based on, as well as have knowledge of the topics outlined in the test objectives/skills measured on the test. Compare your own technical level to the test objectives and the recommended training resources, and then determine for yourself how much preparation you require. Note that these educational sources are recommended, but not required (*) before taking a certification test.
You can prepare for the test through the Tutor Approach (classroom, instructor led course). To do so, take course [(WB005 or VB005 or ZB005) + ZB029].. Note that per this formula, you are only required to take 1 course.
- The recommended educational resources listed are not intended to be a substitute for, but should complement, relevant practical experience.
- Extensive product knowledge is required to pass the test.
- Every effort has been made to make the recommended educational resources as complete and as accurate as possible, but no warranty of fitness is implied. The resources provided are on an as is basis. IBM shall have neither liability nor responsibility to any person or entity with respect to any loss or damages arising from course or publication content.
IBM WebSphere Lombardi Edition V7.1 Process Modeling, Operations, Administration
Course duration: 5.0 days
Course number: WB005
Alternative Option - Instructor-Led Online Course: VB005: IBM WebSphere Lombardi Edition V7.1 Process Modeling, Operations, Administration (Remote classroom)
Abstract: This 5-day, instructor-led course teaches core modeling skills and best practice methods that improve the speed and quality of process definition and implementation efforts. Students learn how to:
- Capture high-level business activities and create a common view of process goals, problems, and opportunities
- Build shared process models that can be both understood by key business stakeholders and implemented by developers without rework
- Maximize team efficiency by enabling all team members to express and interpret business requirements consistently using standard process model elements and notation
The course also teaches core product skills and best practice methods required to install, configure, and manage an IBM WebSphere Lombardi Edition environment. Students learn how to:
- Proactively monitor Lombardi process execution and perform basic performance tuning
- Evaluate how Lombardi interacts with the components of its application stack in order to ensure optimal configuration
- Define and manage user authorization and authentication for Lombardi, recognizing the key considerations for integration with external user directories and security subsystems
IBM WebSphere Lombardi Edition V7.1, Process Modeling, Operations, Administration
Course duration: varies
Course number: ZB005
Abstract: Please see alternative options WB005 or VB005.
Process Discovery and Modeling in IBM Blueworks Live (Self Paced)
Course duration: 0.6 days
Course number: ZB029
In this introductory self-paced course, you learn how to do process discovery, create process models, and capture process documentation with IBM Blueworks Live. Blueworks Live provides simple-to-understand product features that facilitate collaborative process discovery and modeling.
This course is designed for novice Blueworks Live business users, and it focuses on two main topics. First, you learn the core modeling skills and methods that improve the speed and quality of defining processes with BPMN. Second, you learn the core product skills and methods that are needed to model processes with IBM Blueworks Live.
The lab exercises are designed to reinforce the concepts that you learn throughout the course, and allow you to practice the use of Blueworks Live. The exercises cover skills such as capturing process details in a Blueworks Live discovery map, conducting playbacks, and creating a process diagram.