The IBM Certification Program and you
IBM Professional Certification is a valuable credential. To achieve the status of an IBM Certified Professional requires an investment of both time and money. It is our goal to maintain the integrity and security of IBM certification, as well as the respect associated with IBM Professional Certification. Therefore, IBM is committed to established policies aimed at protecting your investment and the integrity of the program.
Your privacy is important to IBM
Our privacy practices are designed to protect your personal information. Certification data is considered to be private, and is not released without authorization. You may update your personal demographic information and privacy options on the IBM Certification Member Site (select "Member Services", then "Address Information"). These privacy options help us know how to best communicate with you, and allow you to indicate if your certification status may be provided to others.
Protecting your identification
- Name Change: Legal documentation is required for a "name change" to be made to certification records. (Legal documentation could include a marriage license, etc.)
- Personal identification numbers: Personal ID numbers, such as your social security or social insurance number, should not be used as a candidate/testing ID. If you are using a personal ID, you may contact us at email@example.com to change your candidate/testing ID.
A violation of IBM testing policy may result in the revocation of certification and suspension from the IBM Professional Certification Program. The content of each IBM exam is the property of IBM Corporation. The test content is proprietary and confidential and may not be reproduced or disclosed.
- You may not reproduce or disclose any test content, in any manner, to anyone.
- While testing, you may not talk to other candidates or refer to their screen.
- You must take tests independently, and may not use written notes, published materials, testing aids, or any unauthorized material during the test.
- You must conduct yourself in a civil manner at all times when at the testing location.
- You may not alter any documents provided to you during the certification process. This includes the score report and certification certificate.
IBM Test Retake Policy
The same certification test may be taken only two times within a 30 day period.
If a certification exam is not completed successfully on the first attempt, there is no waiting requirement before taking the test a second time. However, candidates may not take the same test more than twice within any 30 day period of time.
Additionally, retakes are not allowed after the successful completion of an exam.
A test result found to be in violation of the retake policy will not be processed, which will result in no credit awarded for the test taken. Repeat violators will be banned from participation in the IBM Professional Certification Program.
Test Content - Non-Disclosure Policy
Proper security of test content is a critical aspect for maintaining a reputable certification. Standard best practices for high-stakes certification testing includes the protection of all test content. The IBM test policy follows these practices. IBM test content is proprietary, confidential and copywrited material of IBM Corporation. IBM does not provide exam questions in any format other than in a proctored test environment. Further, IBM does not disclose answers to certification test questions.
Similarly, answers to test questions used in diagnostic assessment tests may not be disclosed as well. Given that diagnostic assessment tests are provided as a tool to aid in preparing for certification testing, consistent policies are followed for both types of tests.
The test pricing structure of the IBM Professional Certification Program is set worldwide with a standard price, per test. . Pricing is discounted in countries the World Bank has designated to be in a lower economic category. The prices are updated annually on January 1st of each year. Current prices, by country, are available on the Test Information web page.
In partnership with our test delivery provider (Pearson VUE), it is our policy to offer special testing accommodations in conformance with established standards:
- In the United States, we conform to the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
- In other countries, we will accommodate candidates in compliance with local law.
A professional level of conduct is expected of someone who holds a certification from IBM. Please review the IBM Certification Agreement to understand IBM's terms and conditions of certification.