The processes below for reporting certifications are done using the Update Profile section of PPS.
- As the certification contact in PartnerCertification, you have 'Authorized Profile Administrator' access to PPS so that you can verify the profile information of other employees. Please note that employee information has been migrated from multiple sources (e.g. PartnerCertification, PartnerInfo, PartnerWorld for Software) so there may be duplicate employee records. IBM is in the process of merging these duplicate records and no action is required on your part
- A "Contract Tools" section is available within PPS that allows you to associate your employees and their certifications to your correct agreement to ensure contract compliance. You will also be provided with viewing capability to verify contract compliance and those certifications that may apply towards meeting the requirements. Refer to the How To section below for details.
- Be sure to report the Candidate IDs for each employee holding certifications. These certifications will impact your company's membership level within PartnerWorld and higher levels mean greater benefits from IBM.
- You may report more than one Candidate ID for each employee to IBM. PPS automatically allocates certifications awarded for each Candidate ID to the employee. In some situations, it may be necessary to merge multiple Candidate IDs into one. For instance, where a certification has multiple prerequisites, all the prerequisite certifications/tests must be recorded against the same Candidate ID. To request that multiple Candidate IDs are merged into one, send an e-mail to email@example.com and include name, company name, Candidate IDs to be merged and specify which Candidate ID should be maintained.
Assign a candidate to an agreement
From the PPS Contract Tools menu, do the following:
- Select Certification compliance report option.
- Select Assign employee to contracts for the chosen contract.
- At this Certification compliance report screen, check box the employee and select the radio button for Sales or Technical.
- Scroll to the bottom of the screen and select the Submit button.
Designate a role (sales or technical)
From the PPS Update employee profile section do the following:
- Open the employee profile.
- Scroll down to the dark blue box, Employee Access Roles.
- Select Sales or Technical in the Contract Compliance Role field.
- Select the Submit button.
See a listing of all certifications registered for your company
- Sign on to PPS
- Select Update Profile from the blue nav bar
- Select location
- Select Employee information
- Click here to view the skills summary by person
How to designate an employee as an APA:
- Log on to the PartnerWorld Web site, select Update your profile, then under the Consultants and integrators/resellers profile, select Update your company profile and log on to PPS.
- Under Update your company profile, open the location record that contains the employee to whom you are assigning access.
- Click Employee Information on the left navigation bar.
- Select the desired employee from the Employee Information dropdown list.
- Click the View/Edit this Entry button.
- Scroll down to the Access Role section.
- Ensure the individual’s IBM ID is correctly displayed in the IBM ID field.
- Select the desired Profile access for this employee.
- Click the Save/exit button when all modifications have been made.
Please contact PartnerWorld Contact Services at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-800-426-9990, Option 4 with any questions.