FAQ for Cúram certification migration to IBM
June 8, 2012
1. Will my Cúram certifications be valid at IBM? Which versions?
On July 1, 2012, the following Cúram certifications will be recognized under the IBM Professional Certification Program:
Existing Cúram certifications New IBM Cúram certifications(July 1 onwards) Associated IBM Test Number Cúram Certified Developer (CCD) V6 IBM Certified Associate Developer - Cúram V6 C2170-008 Cúram Certified Professional (CCP) V6 IBM Certified Associate Business Process Analyst - Cúram V6 C2170-009 Cúram Certified Developer (CCD) V5.2 IBM Certified Associate Developer - Cúram V5.2 C2170-006 Cúram Certified Professional (CCP) V5.2 IBM Certified Associate Business Process Analyst - Cúram V5.2 C2170-007 Cúram Certified Developer (CCD) V5 IBM Certified Associate Developer - Cúram V5 C2170-004 Cúram Certified Professional (CCP) V5 IBM Certified Associate Business Process Analyst - Cúram V5 C2170-005
2. I am currently certified on Cúram V6, V5.2 and/or V5. What do I need to do in order to obtain my IBM Cúram certificate(s)?
You do not need to take any actions at this time.
In early July 2012, the IBM certification team will automatically transfer all existing Cúram V6, V5.2 and/or V5 testing records over to IBM. By mid-July, you will receive a welcome email from IBM Certify (email@example.com). The email will detail the re-branding of the certification, as well as any steps required on your part to obtain your equivalent IBM Cúram e-certificate(s).
3. I plan on taking the latest Cúram V6 or V5.2 certification exams soon. What do I need to know?
If you plan on taking a Cúram certification exam on or after July 1, 2012, you will be taking the equivalent IBM Cúram certification exam with the same exam content and parameters.
- You may register for your IBM Cúram exam(s) on www.prometric.com/IBM on or after July 1, 2012.
- If you're registering for an IBM Cúram exam on or after January 1, 2014, you must register at Pearson VUE.
- The associated training course is highly recommended before taking the certification exam, as it will greatly improve your chances of success on the exam. The IBM Cúram course will no longer offer a free testing voucher.
- If you obtained a free testing voucher from Cúram training that is valid beyond June 30, 2012, it will be honored. During the week of July 9, 2012, you will automatically be sent a new IBM testing voucher to replace your existing voucher.
If you are currently enrolled in Cúram training or have taken the training recently, and plan on taking Cúram certification exams on or before June 30, 2012, continue to refer to the Cúram certification website for certification information and test-taking procedures.
4. I am currently certified on an older Cúram product version (V4.5 or prior). Will my certification be recognized at IBM?
No. In accordance with industry-standard practice, Cúram Certifications are valid for the current version of the product and the two major versions that preceded the current version.
Cúram V4.5 (or prior) certifications are considered expired. We encourage you to re-certify in the latest Cúram product versions. Please see FAQ #3.
5. Will there be any new training or certification requirements?
After July 1, 2012, the training and certification content will remain the same.
6. What do I need to do to prepare for taking certification exams after July 1, 2012?
On July 1, 2012, information on how to prepare for each certification exam will be available on the IBM Professional Certification Program website for IBM Smarter Cities. This will include links to recommended courses, as well as some sample exam questions.
7. What's IBM PartnerWorld?
PartnerWorld is IBM's worldwide marketing and enablement program designed to create new revenue and market opportunities for IBM Business Partners.
When you achieve a technical certification, your success can count towards your company's IBM PartnerWorld membership level. The higher the level, the more benefits your company will earn. Your skills can also qualify your company to participate in the Software Value Incentive (SVI) and earn fees from IBM for identifying and closing sales.
Team with IBM and put the power of one of the world's most respected technology brands behind your business. To discover the benefits and resources available to IBM Business Partners, click here.
8. Which Cúram certifications can be used toward Smarter Cities Software Value Plus (SVP) authorization?
All Cúram certifications listed in FAQ #1 will be recognized under the IBM Professional Certification Program, and are eligible for SVP authorization.
9. My company is an IBM Business Partner. How do I add Cúram certifications to my company's IBM PartnerWorld profile?
If you hold one of the Cúram certifications listed in FAQ #1 above, your newest IBM Certification credential will be recognized by IBM PartnerWorld by August 2012. These entry-level IBM technical certifications will each add one (1) weighted skill point (WSP) to your company's profile.
To add certifications to your company's profile:
1. Visit the IBM PartnerWorld website, click on “Member sign in” and sign in with your PartnerWorld ID & password
- On the left navigator, click on PartnerWorld program > update profile*
- Have your Prometric testing ID number** available to add to your profile
2. Contact your company's Authorized IBM Profile Administrator (APA)
- Send your APA an email with your Prometric testing ID number
- Ask your APA to update the company profile
In releasing your Prometric testing ID number to your APA, you are giving permission to the IBM Professional Certification Program to have any of your certification records shared with IBM PartnerWorld Business Partner Programs.
* Your company's APA may need to give you permission to update your personal information.
** Your Prometric testing ID number can be found on your exam score report, under Candidate ID. (I.e. PR******* or SR*******)
I have additional questions related to certifications, whom can I contact?
If you are an IBM Business Partner, your business partner representative may be able to help you. You may also find assistance from IBM PartnerWorld Business Partner Contact Services.
For general questions, email IBM Certify (firstname.lastname@example.org).