IBM Certified Specialist - Systems Networking Sales V1
Job Role Description / Target Audience
The IBM Certified Specialist - System Networking Sales V1 engages prospective customers and evaluates the IT infrastructure and understands the customer's business environment in order to ensure the design and implementation of appropriate networking solutions. This individual performs requirements analysis, systems architecture/design, and planning/installation. Additionally, they provide ongoing support to ensure the customer is operational and that technical requirements are continually addressed.
Recommended Prerequisite Skills
This System Networking Sales V1 specialist has an in-depth understanding of customer needs and the networking devices and typically encountered previous networking devices necessary to design and implement networking solutions for customers. This individual knows the hardware components and functions. This specialist has an understanding of the capabilities and benefits associated with different servers and storage. This professional is knowledgeable in key concepts relevant to networking systems management.
The target audience for this certification includes IBM Business Partners and IBM employees who sell IBM System Networking solutions on a daily face to face basis. The certification is open to anyone who feels they have the capabilities required.
However, it may be appropriate for individuals working in customer related System Networking sales roles:
- A minimum of 6 months of experience supporting IBM System Networking solutions
- Ability to work in complex IT infrastructure environments
- Performs a majority of customer related work independently
The years of experience needed to prepare for the certification will vary depending on the nature of one's professional background and work assignments. Those without previous IT field experience may require significantly more time than those with such experience. To determine readiness, candidates are strongly encouraged to:
- carefully review the test objectives, evaluating their knowledge, skills and capabilities in each area
- consider which recommended educational resources may be helpful for areas where there may be gaps
The number of this certification is 57000201 for Partner World tracking purposes
This certification requires 1 test(s).
Click on the link(s) below to see test details, test objectives, suggested training and sample tests.
- How does your salary compare to national averages? Help Global Knowledge and IBM discover the answers by participating in 2015 IT Skills and Salary Survey.
Not sure what the Member site is? Find out the benefits of being a certified professional.
Premium Wallet Card
Receive a premium wallet when you order your Premium Certificate.