IBM Certified Expert - PureFlex Sales V1
Job Role Description / Target Audience
Note: This certification will be withdrawn on 12/31/2014.
The IBM Certified Expert - PureFlex Sales V1 has in-depth experience selling PureFlex and Flex Systems, including experience selling complex solutions to meet client requirements. The PureFlex sales expert has extensive knowledge of the five core elements of the system including compute nodes, virtualization, systems management, networking and storage options.
This expert can perform the following tasks without assistance:
- Evaluate existing environment and is prepared to discuss in significant detail any of the five core elements of a PureFlex and Flex Systems solution relative to opportunities identified in the account.
- Understand the five core elements in significant detail, including the differences and unique features of each element (e.g., each x86 and Power compute node, different storage options, and different networking options), and what client requirement would determine the need for a specific component as part of the total solution.
- Articulate the value proposition as it relates to business and general technical benefits.
- Identify and articulate the competitive strengths and differences of PureFlex and Flex Systems solutions.
- Work with the client team to propose a PureFlex or Flex System total solution.
- Work with the client team to create an extended implementation plan.
Recommended Prerequisite Skills
Minimum 18 months sales experience with PureFlex and Flex Systems solutions. Prior sales experience selling related components such as x86 and/or Power servers, virtualization, storage, networking, or systems management is highly recommended.
This certification requires 2 test(s).
Click on the link(s) below to see test details, test objectives, suggested training and sample tests.