IBM Certified SOA Associate 
Job Role Description / Target Audience
This entry level certification is intended for individuals who work on SOA projects, such as architects, technical sales people, sales people, administrators, application developers, business analysts, project managers, system integrators, business integrators, managers, project sponsors and others.
In collaboration with others, this person
- Assists in communication between technical and business personnel
- Describes how SOA impacts the various job roles within an organization
- Raises awareness in others about SOA
- Articulates the value of an SOA solution in the context of the business strategy
- Understands how SOA provides value through business and IT alignment, and improves business flexibility and agility
- Explains the need for SOA governance
- Assists in the development of a roadmap for SOA adoption
This certification validates the ability of the candidate to articulate the business and technical value of SOA. The candidate can describe the business structure and concerns of an organization at a high level and identify where in that line of business SOA can provide value. They can identify barriers to SOA adoption. They can help bridge the gap between technical and business teams. They can identify the possible entry points of an organization into SOA. The candidate understands the need for SOA governance.
To attain the IBM Certified SOA Associate , candidates must pass 1 test. To gain additional knowledge and skills, and prepare for this test based on the job role and test objectives, take the link to the test below, and refer to the Test Preparation tab.
Recommended Prerequisite Skills
(knowledge and skills one needs to possess before beginning to prepare for this job role certification)
- Familiarity with SOA
- Basic understanding of Web Services, messaging and other related technologies
- Basic understanding of business requirements
This certification requires 1 test(s).
Click on the link(s) below to see test details, test objectives, suggested training and sample tests.
- contains questions requiring single and multiple answers. For multiple-answer questions, you need to choose all required options to get the answer correct. You will be advised how many options make up the correct answer.
- is designed to provide diagnostic feedback on the Examination Score Report, correlating back to the test objectives, informing the test taker how he or she did on each section of the test. As a result, to maintain the integrity of each test, questions and answers are not distributed