IBM Certified SOA Solution Designer 
Job Role Description / Target Audience
This intermediate level certification is intended for solution designers, or consultants and architects with previous experience designing SOA application components and business integration solutions. They are part of project teams responsible for designing SOA solutions.
This certification validates the candidate-s ability to assess and translate client requirements for business process flexibility and agility into a service-focused software solution, using Service Oriented Architecture principles.
Under the direction of the SOA Solution Architect, this SOA Solution Designer:
- Articulates the value of SOA solution in the context of the business strategy
- Validates customer business requirements, identifying and documenting current processes and infrastructure related to the business requirements
- Assesses the client-s readiness for SOA organizationally and technically
- Defines an appropriate roadmap for SOA adoption and governance
- Determines services and tasks based on the business process model
- Establishes service definitions that satisfy both functional and non-functional requirements
- Designs the service integration environment and incorporates IBM SOA Foundation and Reference Architectures
- Articulates architectural/design decisions
- Applies existing best practices and technology standards for SOA and services design in the solution implementation
- Provides guidance and review for SOA implementation, deployment and management
This SOA Solution Designer is generally self-sufficient and is able to perform most of the tasks involved in the role with limited assistance from peers, product documentation and vendor support services.
To attain the IBM Certified SOA Solution Designer , candidates must possess the skills outlined under the Recommended Prerequisite Skills below, and pass 1 test. To gain additional knowledge and skills, and prepare for the tests based on the job role and test objectives, take the link to the test below, and refer to the Test Preparation tab.
Recommended Prerequisite Skills
(Knowledge and skills one should possess before beginning to prepare for this job role certification)
- Experience designing SOA solutions (e.g., with Web Services in environments such as J2EE and/or .NET)
- Knowledge of specifications from standards organizations supporting SOA design (e.g., OASIS, W3C, WS-I)
- Knowledge of IBM SOA Foundation and IBM SOA Reference Architecture.
This certification requires 1 test(s).
Click on the link(s) below to see test details, test objectives, suggested training and sample tests.