Job Role Description / Target Audience
This certification targets test engineers and intermediate technical testers. It is intended for individuals with performance testing experience using IBM Rational Performance Tester V8.
The solution designer is proficient in how to how to use the IBM Rational Performance Tester tool to validate the performance, scalability and reliability of Web-based, Socket, TN3270, SAP, or Citrix hosted systems. This person knows how to create dynamic tests, developing workload schedules for various performance and load testing scenarios, execute tests with both small and large loads, and evaluate resulting data to measure, analyze and pinpoint factors that affect system performance and other related issues before deployment.
It is expected that this solution designer will be generally self-sufficient and able to perform the tasks involved in the role with limited assistance from peers, product documentation and vendor support services.
Recommended Prerequisite Skills
(knowledge and skills one needs to possess before beginning to prepare for this job role certification; skills not measured on the exam)
- Understanding of the many types of performance testing
- Some real world experience with performance testing
- Conceptual understanding of workload analysis
- Basic understanding of statistical analysis concepts
- Good understanding of computer systems networking and network protocols
- Working knowledge of HTTP and web-based systems
- Some experience with one or all of the following:
- SAP systems and networking
- Citrix systems and networking
- TN3270 systems and networking
- other client-server networking, such as sockets
- Some familiar with Java for extending tests
- Awareness of computer memory handling
- Experience with automated testing tools
This certification requires 1 test(s).
Click on the link(s) below to see test details, test objectives, suggested training and sample tests.
- contains questions requiring single and multiple answers. For multiple-answer questions, you need to choose all required options to get the answer correct. You will be advised how many options make up the correct answer.
- is designed to provide diagnostic feedback on the Examination Score Report, correlating back to the test objectives, informing the test taker how he or she did on each section of the test. As a result, to maintain the integrity of each test, questions and answers are not distributed