IBM Certified Solution Developer - InfoSphere DataStage v8.0
Job Role Description / Target Audience
Note: This certification will be withdrawn on 12/31/2013. The most current certification is: IBM Certified Solution Developer - InfoSphere DataStage v8.5
The successful candidate has important knowledge and skills necessary to professionally design and develop an efficient and scalable DataStage solution to a complex enterprise level business problem; configure a scalable parallel environment including clustered and distributed configurations; collect, report on, and resolve issues identified though key application performance indicators; be proficient in extending the capabilities of the parallel framework using the provided APIs (buildup, wrappers, and components).
The successful candidate:
- Is the primary customer interface looked to for expertise on product usage and functionality.
- Develops and integrates DataStage with schedulers, general infrastructure, and operational environments.
- Works as part of a data integration group supporting data warehouse initiatives.
Recommended Prerequisite Skills
Design, implement, test, and deploy parallel solutions. DataStage job development, testing, implementation, problem solving/performance tuning, DataStage environment management, ProfileStage analysis, QualityStage rule development, data cleansing, MetaStage metadata management.
- Knowledge of parallel concepts (data collection, data skew, data partitioning, buffers, sorting, aggregation, data collecting), complex algorithm implementations, best practices with regards to naming, deploying, etc. Knowledge of product extension via wrappers and buildops and configuration and setting up configuration files.
- Use of DataStage tools (Administrator, Designer, Manager, UNIX and/or Windows system and resource monitoring Enterprise Scheduling Tools (e.g. CRON, Autosys, Unicenter-), C/C++. Operating system proficiency, ability to construct SQL statements, programming skills in a high level language.
This certification requires 1 test(s).
Click on the link(s) below to see test details, test objectives, suggested training and sample tests.
- How does your salary compare to national averages? Help Global Knowledge and IBM discover the answers by participating in 2015 IT Skills and Salary Survey.
Not sure what the Member site is? Find out the benefits of being a certified professional.
Premium Wallet Card
Receive a premium wallet when you order your Premium Certificate.