IBM Certified Support Associate - Cloud & Smarter Infrastructure Support Provider Tools and Processes
Job Role Description / Target Audience
An IBM Certified Support Associate in the area of IBM Cloud & Smarter Infrastructure Support Provider Tools and Processes is responsible for addressing a variety of inquiries or requests for service from their customers. The support provider is responsible for the ownership and resolution of these inquiries and may work with IBM Tivoli Support where appropriate to resolve them.
Recommended Prerequisite Skills
- Utilize internal support provider tools and resources to attempt to resolve the customer issue prior to escalation to IBM Tivoli Support. Skill Level - 3
- Utilize Electronic Service Request (ESR) to request assistance from IBM Tivoli Support. Skill Level - 2
- Utilize IBM problem diagnostic tools and technologies such as IBM Support Assistant and Assist On Site. Skill Level - 2
- Utilize on-line resources such as TechNotes, product manuals, Redbooks, whitepapers, IBM Tivoli Support websites, etc. Skill Level - 2
- Utilize on-line training resources such as Support Technical Exchanges (STEs) and IBM Education Assistant (IEA) to expand product knowledge. Skill Level - 2
- Demonstrate knowledge of the Support Providers Level 1 and Level 2 responsibilities. Skill Level - 3
- Demonstrate effective communication with their customer and IBM Tivoli Support. Skill Level - 3
- Demonstrate problem management and ownership in accordance with the Tivoli Support Provider process. Skill Level - 3
- Demonstrate knowledge of IBM-s internal support structure and processes. Skill Level - 2
- Demonstrate knowledge of IBM-s Product Life Cycle Policy. Skill Level - 2
- Demonstrate knowledge of IBM-s severity definitions and response criteria. Skill Level - 2
- Demonstrate knowledge of IBM-s software and maintenance delivery vehicles. Skill Level - 2
- Demonstrate knowledge of escalation processes including Duty Manager and CSPO processes. Skill Level - 1
This individual will be expected to perform these tasks with limited assistance from peers or support resources.
1 - Basic Skill/Knowledge: Familiarity with basic functionality and concepts, may need to rely on assistance from documentation or other resources.
2 - Working Skill/Knowledge: Working knowledge of functionality and concepts, can use product or explain concepts with little or no assistance.
3 - Advanced Skill/Knowledge: Substantial experience with functionality or concepts, can teach others how to use functionality or explain concepts.
4 - Expert Skill/Knowledge: Extensive and comprehensive experience with functionality or concepts, can create or customize code, architecture, or processes.
This certification requires 1 test(s).
Click on the link(s) below to see test details, test objectives, suggested training and sample tests.
Test Study Guides
Let us help you prepare for your certification tests with our easy to follow study guides.
Not sure what the Member site is? Find out the benefits of being a certified professional.
Premium Wallet Card
Receive a premium wallet when you order your Premium Certificate.